Proudly Sponsored by
- Music Software News (292)
- Plug-in & Sample News (510)
- Music Hardware News (316)
- Other News (229)
- Feature Articles (25)
- Freeware Music Software (7)
- Editor's Choice Award (104)
- 'What's Hot' from Dr Audio (12)
- Tom's Music Thing (101)
- Interviews (2)
- Competitions (2)
- Blog (23)
» Vienna Symphonic Library releases Solo Strings II 16.12.2008
» Victor Cerullo releases Max Magic Microtuner 2.0 16.12.2008
Groovebox announces Music Production with Reason 4
Grooveboxmusic announces "Music Production with Reason 4". Available for pre-order right now, this groundbreaking collection of video tutorials running over 2 hours in length shows you how one of the hottest songs included in the new Reason 4 Factory Soundbank was created.
Learn step-by-step all of the tricks and techniques used to create the awe-inspiring track "Narrow Escape" written and produced by the songwriter himself Josh Mobley (aka Neoverse). To further add insight to the collection, the series is directed by Reason Guru and worldwide speaker/instructor Kurt Kurasaki (aka Peff). The series of informative and eye-opening tutorials will take the viewer on a journey that starts with building the Factory Soundbank Song up from nothing, into something truly great while revealing the great new features in Reason 4.
Music Production with Reason 4 contents:
- Chapter 1 - Introduction: Introductions from Kurt Kurasaki & Josh Mobley; Basic Overview of Reason 4.0 and the new features; The Reason 4.0 Demo Song, "Narrow Escape" by Josh Mobley and Woody Ranere; Basic Song setup and a detailed explanation of Submixes used in "Narrow Escape"
- Chapter 2—Drum and Percussion: Programming and Arrangement; Drum Programming and Sequencing; Arranging Drum Sequences; Using the Dr.REX Loop Player; Arranging ReCycle Loops in Reason 4.0; Using the ReGroove Mixer, the Real Time Groove Console
- Chapter 3—Sequencing and Arrangement in Reason 4.0: Setting up a Mixer with Aux Effects; Loading Instruments and Recording a Sequence; Quantization and editing a sequence; Organizing and arranging Clips; Organizing Sequencer Tracks and Lanes; Vector Editing Automation Lanes; Dividing and Muting Clips
- Chapter 4—Song Development: Adding Instruments and Tracks; Using ReCycle Instrument Loops; Using the Scream 4 Distortion; Automation with Multiple Clips; Developing a Bridge and Chorus; Transitions with Drum Fills and Filter Sweeps
- Chapter 5—Song Arrangement: Advanced Sequence Editing; Clip Duplication and Deletion Features; Building out 2nd and 3rd sections of the song; Creating dramatic breakdowns; Thor Synth Programming and Sequencing; Modifying Combinator Patches; Developing dramatic buildups; Rendering the Song to an Audio File
- Chapter 6—Vocals in Reason: Collaborating with a singer/songwriter; Preparing vocal tracks for import into Reason; Using ReCycle to convert audio to REX files; Importing Vocals into Reason with a Dr.REX Loop Player; Programming the NN-XT Advanced Sampler
- Chapter 7—Dynamics Processing: Using the MClass Compressor on Vocals; Creating a DeEsser for the vocals; Compressing Drums; Advanced Tutorial on the MClass Compressor Sidechain input
- Chapter 8—Special Effects: Creating a custom Granular Effect; Applying Granular effects to the vocals; Using the BV512 Digital Vocoder; Incorporating Vocoded layers into the song
- Chapter 9—Engineering a Mixdown: Understanding how to find an anchor level; Using the Mixer Mute and Solo features; Using Equalization to shape the mix; Comparing and Balancing Levels from Instruments; Mixer Automation via Sequencer tracks
- Chapter 10—Mastering: Inserting a MClass Mastering Combinator into the Reason Rack; Using the MClass Equalizer to adjust the final mix; Using the MClass Maximizer to prevent clipping; Adding personal and copyright information; Publishing the Reason Song; Overview of applying EQ, the MClass Stereo Imager, Compression, and Limiting.
The "Music Production with Reason 4" CD-ROM will be available and or ship as an instant digital download and or a retail box version in October for $59.99.
For more information, please visit www.grooveboxmusic.com
This is a Press Release
The Best Music Production Software