Proudly Sponsored by
- Music Software News (292)
- Plug-in & Sample News (510)
- Music Hardware News (316)
- Other News (229)
- Feature Articles (25)
- Freeware Music Software (7)
- Editor's Choice Award (104)
- 'What's Hot' from Dr Audio (12)
- Tom's Music Thing (101)
- Interviews (2)
- Competitions (2)
- Blog (23)
» Vienna Symphonic Library releases Solo Strings II 16.12.2008
» Victor Cerullo releases Max Magic Microtuner 2.0 16.12.2008
Image Line releases Maximus Multiband Maximizer
Image Line Software have released Multiband Maximizer Maximus. It combines high quality Maximizer, Compressor, Limiter, Noise Gate, Expander, Ducker and De-esser. It can be used either as a mastering plugin or as a per-track effect.
Maximus comes with four independent compression envelopes—one for each of the three bands and Master envelope (applied to the combined output of the three sub-bands). Compressing key frequency bands independently allows Maximus to avoiding the pumping effects that can arise when compressing is applied to the whole frequency spectrum. In the end, this means more transparent compression or louder maximization depending on the users needs. The fully editable compression curve for each of the four compressors allows Maximus to create any shaped knee or special compression effect.
Key Features:- 3 independent user-definable High Mid Low (HML) frequency bands.
- Custom look-ahead for the HML bands and Master compression envelopes.
- 4 limiter/compressors: One per HML band plus a Master wide band limiter/compressor.
- Each compressor has a multipoint compression curve. Create any shaped knee or special effects (limiting, compression, gating or expansion).
- Fully configurable. Any of the HML or Master compressors can be bypassed to configure Maximus to suit any limiting, compression or maximization task.
- Two saturation types per HML & Master bands, with independent gain.
- Phase-free mixing between the frequency dependent compressors and the master, perfect for parallel & NY-style compression.
- 4 Independent stereo separation controls, one per band, for independent bass through to high-end separation shaping.
System requirements:- Operating System: Windows XP/Vista
- Processor: Minimum 2GHz AMD or Intel Pentium III compatible with SSE1 support
- RAM: 512 MB
- Hard disk space: 130 MB
Regular retail pricing will be US $189. A Demo is available.
For more information, please visit www.image-line.com
This is a Press Release