Cakewalk unveils the new PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor which adds vintage compression to every channel strip of Sonar X1 Producer Expanded.
The PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor is another Sonar X1 Producer ProChannel module which Cakewalk takes pride in. It features a genuine feel and sound that mimics the popular channel strip compressor that it was based on.
It has a gentle soft knee flavor which works well for compressing and leveling any music production material. It has an easy to use interface where you can drag and drop the routing, and it also gives you a modern twist to the classic by adding a manual output gain control.
The PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor compliments the other Cakewalk produced ProChannel module effects very well. Couple it with the PC4K S-Type Bus Compressor and Expander/Gate while you set the included ProChannel EQ to Vintage - what you get is an emulation of vintage mixing consoles that were widely used to make hit records in the past.
The PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor is meant to work with Sonar X1 Producer Expanded.
- Threshold - 0dB to 30dB, Sets the threshold where compression starts
- LED Meter - 3 to 20dB, specifies the amount of gain reduction done by the compressor
- Side Chain - 0 and 1, Enables Side Chaining functionality
- Fast/Slow Attack - 0 and 1, Adjusts attack time
- Range - Controls how much of the signal is to be compressed
- Release - 0.1sec to 4sec, Controls the compression release when signal goes below threshold
- Output - -12dB to +12dB, Controls the output gain of the compressor
If you own a Sonar X1 Producer Expanded, you can purchase the new PC4K S-Type Compressor for only $49 from the Cakewalk online store. Owners of other versions of Sonar X1 will have their specific price and method for upgrading.
For more information about the PC4K S-Type Channel Compressor, head over to Cakewalk.com.
SST-282 Convo : IR Library for Convolution Reverb Plugins
Softube Mix Bundle in ProChannel Module Format
Cakewalk: Sonar X1 Expanded, PC4K S-Type Expander/Gate Module, and the Sonar X1 Production Suite
Share This Article