Female drummers worldwide are invited to join the second annual drumming contest - Hit Like A Girl 2013.
The competition started on February 1 and is scheduled to run up to April 9, 201. This year the competition is divided into two age groups - under 18 (<18) and over 18(18+). There will be two grand prize winners, one for each age group.
To enter, you have take a a 3 minute video of your drum playing, be it solo, with a band or other musical groups, and upload it on YouTube. You should then use it as a response video to the HitLikeAGirlcontest.com YouTube page. After uploading, you then simply fill out the official entry form which will require the embed code from your video. Note that there are no age restrictions and you can employ either acoustic or electronic drum kits.
The competition will run through 3 stages, with the first one being "Fan Voting" which will run from February 15 to March 31. Those that get top ten rank in terms of votes will then move on to the final round of voting. To make it exciting, the sponsors will nominate wild card finalists that will be announced on April 2. Finally the celebrity judges will watch the videos of the finalists and scoring them based on performance, style and story. The winner will be chosen on April 9, 2013.
The Performance metric amounts to 70% of the total score, based on technique, chops, originality, creativity, groove and feel. Style on the other hand is about vibe and showmanship, which accounts for 20% of the total score. Finally the Story, which is simply the personal background and potential of the contestant, will give you 10%.
The two grand prize winners will each receive an acoustic drum kit from PDP, while the other top 3 contestants on both categories will get electronic drum sets from Yamaha. Here are the details of the prizes:
18+ Age Group
- Grand Prize: PDP Concept Maple CM5 Pearl White Drum set with DW Pedal, TRX LTD Crash Rides 21" and 19" crash rides, 14" Hi-Hats, $500 Evans Gift Certificate, 12 Vater sticks, SKB hard cases and cymbal bag.
- First Runner Up: Yamaha DTX 450 kit, 15" TRX DRK-BRT Hi-Hats, Evans snare batter head, 12 Vater sticks, SKB cymbal bag
- 2nd Runner Up: Yamaha DTX 400 kit, TRX Icon Stacker, Evans snare head, 12 Vater sticks, SKB cymbal bag
<18 Age Group
- Grand Prize: PDP Concept Birch CB4 Pearl White Drum set with DW Pedal, CRX Cymbals 21" Ride, 18" Crash 14" Hi-Hats, $500 Evans Gift Certificate, 12 Vater sticks, SKB hard cases
- First Runner Up: Yamaha DTX 450 kit, CRX Cymbals 21" Ride, 18" Crash 14" Hi-Hats, Evans snare head, 12 Vater sticks, SKB cymbal bag
- 2nd Runner Up: Yamaha DTX 400 kit, CRX Cymbals 21" Ride, 18" Crash 14" Hi-Hats, Evans snare head, 12 Vater sticks, SKB cymbal bag
The event is Sponsored by DRUM! Magazine and co-sponsored by popular drum and percussion gear manufacturers including TRXC ymbals and Tom Tom, Evans, Yamaha DTX, DW Drums, SKB, Vater, Drumchannel, Alfred Publishing and the Percussion Marketing Council.
Checkout the promo video for the 2013 Hit Like A Girl Contest:
To join the contest and for more information, you can visit Hit Like A Girl.
Godin Distributes Kejam Percussion
Here's Your Chance to Be The Next Big Music Producer
Are you looking for some Cheap Electronic Drums?
Best Electronic Drum Set
Low Cost Electronic Drum Sets
Share This Article