IK Multimedia is bringing their popular audio recording and editing app, the iRig Recorder, into the Android platform.
This new app is designed to turn your Android smartphones and tablets into a powerful mobile recorder and sound editor.
Many of the world's top music production software designers now have their products available on the iOS platform. When it comes to music production apps, they have the obvious advantage. Thankfully, developers and manufacturers are now beginning to see the growing number of Android users and are now eyeing the platform as a good place to market their product. The iRig Recorder is a good example of this, aiming to help equalize the gap of music app quality between iOS and Android.
IK Multimedia designed this app to be a professional recording solution for Android users, and it is also meant to pair with their various mobile microphones and music accessories for Android devices.
With the iRig Recorder, you can easily capture a new song that popped up in your head, record band rehearsals or even document live performances. And it comes with a nifty editing tool so you can easily manage and organize your recordings directly on your device. iRig Recorder automatically stores your recordings by date and automatically adds geolocation information so you can easily find them.
More than just a basic recording app, it has audio production and polishing tools for creating quality audio. You get a waveform editor for cropping and and trimming tracks, you can normalize volume levels, remove background noise and you can also adjust dynamics. It assists you from recording all the way to sharing your finished track.
Here are the Automatic Audio Processors included:
- Optimize Volume: automatically adjusts for optimal volume
- Optimize Tone: automatically adjusts for optimal equalization
- Cleanup: automatically cleans up the background noise in recordings
- Brighten Voice: automatically increases clarity of speech and vocals
- Smooth Voice: automatically smooths harsh or overly bright vocals
- Speed Up: decreases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
- Slow Down: increases the duration of the recording without altering its pitch
- Pitch Shift: raises or lowers the pitch of the recording without changing duration
- Pitch and time-based effects let you change the speed or pitch of your recordings
Aside from its obvious musical applications, iRig Recorder can also be a powerful tool for capturing interviews, lectures, podcasts and other audio snippets. It is currently available in two versions, with the free version giving you limited functionality, while the full version comes with with all the features.
The full version of the iRig Recorder is expected to be available by the end of January with the full version having a tag price of $4.99. For more information, you can head over to IK Multimedia.
Share This Article