Like the Panorama P4 released back in June 2012, the P6 can switch between multiple modes for improved hardware integration and workflow.
The Panorama P6 comes with 4 modes that lets you switch between Instrument, Mixer and Transport mode.
It also comes with a 4th Internal mode with 20 user presets each configurable for controlling external hardware, ReWired DAW's or other software.
This MIDI keyboard comes with a motorized fader and it features solo and mute buttons designed to give channel control in every mode. You also get extended transport buttons with 11 functions for further channel tweaking.
Parametric control is provided by a generous amount of buttons - 16 encoders, 9 faders and 9 LED buttons with their values displayed on the TFT display. You can setup all assignable buttons including 12 pads and 11 function keys to send MIDI messages or QWERTY macros for quick control over your DAW or control over your virtual instrument. It also features Panorama idea where up to 8 computer keyboard shortcuts can be sent.
The most important part of this controller is its 61 note velocity-sensitive semi-weighted keyboard - which makes it what it is a keyboard controller. It has features that include after touch, pitch bend and modulation wheel. It also comes with foot switch and expression pedal sockets for improved articulation and dynamics.
Being designed with special integration features with Reason, the Panorama P6 is regularly updated to include support for the latest Reason Rack Extensions. Nektar also improved on the Panorama design and listed down the changes and improvements that the Panorama P6 introduced:
- Re-designed ReDrum, Kong and Dr OctoRex interfaces for improved beat creation including colored graphic pads on the TFT display and drum parameters selectable by hitting the corresponding pad.
- You can now use the foot switch socket to trigger ReDrum channel 1 and Kong pad 1.
- New mixer channel signal indicators show if a signal is present for any of the 8 channels visible on Panorama's Mixer view.
- Improved Transport mode with icons showing status for click, Q-record, cycle and pre-count. A button for quantize has also been added along with some re-organization that eliminated the need for another menu level to access some functions.
- A unique Looper addition to Transport mode. With the looper active the pads act as an array of loop markers automatically set across a Reason song at an adjustable loop length. Hitting a pad will move Reason's Left and Right locator points to the positions corresponding to the pad. Pressing Panorama's “Go to Left marker” button will immediately move playback to the new position. The Looper is a great way to navigate Reason while building up a composition from Panorama but also allows for real-time performances or on the fly experimenting with the organization of Reason songs.
- New Randomize function. Inspired by Reason's own ability to randomize loop devices such as Matrix and ReDrum, this function now allows the randomization of device parameters that are currently in view on Panorama's display. Whether it's Thor's sequencer, Subtractor's filter or oscillator section or any of the supported Rack Extensions, Panorama will provide alternative inspiration when an extra boost is needed.
- Formatting of Reason parameter values that are not formatted by the application including EQ and Dynamics parameters.
- Instant view of F-keys assignments when the F-keys shift button is pressed.
- Increased pad sensitivity so the pads can be triggered with the lightest of touch.
- Presets and map changes assignable to any button so it's possible to recall any given preset or map at the push of a button. Options for assigning next or previous are also available with the new default assignment of the Patch- and Patch+ buttons carrying out this function.
- Secondary encoder curve assignment to be triggered by the PB-buttons. This allows immediate switching between an acceleration curve and a new linear option.
Panorama P6 is scheduled to start shipping this month with an MSRP of $659.99, street prices is anticipated to be around $599.99. For the complete specifications, you can head over to Nektar Tech.
Share This Article