|Software Music Machine Archive||
TC-Helicon announces the arrival of the successor to its popular vocal effects processor and looper - VoiceLive Touch 2.
The original VoiceLive Touch was released in 2010, it was a convenient tool for singers, providing impressive vocal effects with an intuitive interface. It became popular with singers thanks to artists like Kimbra who showcased what the processor can do to help singers. Now with the aid of feedback from professional users, TC-Helicon takes the next step with VoiceLive Touch 2, featuring a completely reworked user interface, unique real-time control and new effects.
This new vocal effect processor carries over the best of the original design and adds in notable new features. Like the original, it provides a complete suite of production-quality vocal effects, with added extras and including vocal harmony. Its new Touch Matrix interface with Slider FX allows precise real-time control and modulation, while the built-in VLOOP Performance Looper adds exciting loop-specific effects to the mix.
Before effects are applied, VoiceLive Touch 2 takes care of vocal tone automatically with its adaptive EQ, compression, de-essing and gating. You can then apply various typesof effects ranging from subtle to completely out of this world. You can also apply harmonies that follow you as you sing.
Here are the effects that are available:
- µMod – creates flanger, detune, chorus and pitch dive effects
- Delay – tempo-based or timed echoes, slap, and extensive filter styles selection
- Reverb – super clean reverbs, from bright rooms to ornate halls and giant arenas
- Harmony – up to 4 backup singers arranged by your guitar, keyboard or bed track
- Choir – recreates the buzz of a large singing group, superb when combined with Harmony
- Double – a solo or group of unison singers to fatten and widen your melodies
- Transducer – simulates radios, megaphones and distortion effects
- Rhythm – another tempo effect that creates chopper, panning and modern stutter effects
- HardTune – Auto tuning, pitch and gender
Aside from new effects the user interface also had a makeover. It now sports a large 2.5" LCD display for better visualization and it comes with a new touch matrix interface style. This lets you add, remove or adjust your effects and vocal tone in real time while singing. You can play with the slider to make dynamic changes and you can even launch multiple effects at once on a specific part of a song using the presets.
Finally, VoiceLive Touch 2 comes with a six-track looper. A smart LoopAssist feature is added to help quantize and time your loops and it now features cool loop effects like reverse, filter, squeeze, flow, slow speed and squeeze auto.
Other notable features include Reverb, modulation effects and tuner for guitar input, mic stand-to-desktop non-skid chassis, quality mic pre-amp and USB for audio recording and playback, These features make the VoiceLive Touch 2 a viable vocal effects solution for both live and studio work.
VoiceLive Touch 2 is scheduled for a March 2013 release, with a price tag of $599.99. For more information, you can visit TC-Helicon.
Share This Article