Airfoil lets you send any audio to remote speakers attached to your AirPort Express. AirPort Express - It's not just for iTunes anymore.
With Airfoil, you can send audio from any application to your AirPort Express in just three easy steps.
Step 1) Select the application whose audio you want to transmit, in the Audio Source area.
Step 2) Select the desired AirPort Express device from the Remote Speakers list.
Step 3) Click Transmit. That's it!
Once you do this, any audio from the audio source will play out through your remote speakers. Use Airfoil to play audio from RealPlayer, Windows Media Player, Safari, and almost any other application right through your AirPort Express. Give your audio wings, with Airfoil.
New in v3.4
- Now scriptable
- Bugfix for possible conflicts by using whitelist in capturing audio
- It now warns the user when they attempt to capture "Metro" applications
- Bugfix for rare crashes
- Improved the Equalizer window, with iTunes-like labels.
New in v3.3.2
- Bugfix for an issue which could cause Airfoil Speakers to crash on launch
- Bugfix for issue when usingan empty string (instead of the computer name) as the default speaker name has been corrected.
- Airfoil Speakers once again has network stats.
- Airfoil no longer uses SlimDX, which should maximize compatibility and minimize crashes.
New in v3.2.5
- Airfoil's Menu Bar Mode now offers a source selector.
- The Instant On component has been updated to version 6, with improvements to System Audio capture and more. This update also includes preliminary
- Sonora is now supported for enhanced metadata and remote control.
- Airfoil 4.7.1 offers full support for the new dual-band AirPort Express.
- Support for the iHome iW2 has been improved, allowing for remote volume control.
- Volume control for Spotify has been fixed.
- For maximum compatibility, the Instant On component is now required for capturing audio from apps made by Fluid.
- On Mac OS X 10.8, the Instant On component is now required for audio capture from Safari and QuickTime Player.
- A bug caused by Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) which prevented AppleTVs from appearing after the Mac went to sleep has been worked around.
- The "Silence Output" in the Local Audio preference has been removed.
- The correct computer icon is now shown for 11-inch MacBook Air.
- Airfoil now includes the in-window Trial Mode badge.
- Airfoil now has a one-time sign-up for the Rogue Amoeba mailing list.
- Some issues caused by Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) have been corrected.
- The loading of the Perian plugin by Airfoil Video Player has been fixed.
- Several other minor problems have also been fixed.
Changes in v3.2