Tone2 Audiosoftware has a new effect plugin - the AkustiX Enhancer.
AkustiX Enhancer offers multiple enhancement effects that will help with the audio mixing and mastering process. Based on psycho-acoustic research, each effect offers a number of ways to tweak your recordings by using psycho-acoustic technology to shape and enhance your sound.
The Akustic Enhancer features six mixing effects:
Allows for adding transparency and enhances perceived spaciousness and distance
in a mix, it can also be used to convert from mono to stereo.
It uses exclusive technology to provide independent frequency control over the stereo width & spatial image, with up to 3 frequency bands.
Allows for dynamic boosts and equalizes frequencies based on the nonlinearity of the human ear.
By using frequency-domain masking, this section enhances transparency and adds detail.
Designed to enhance the brightness, presence, it claims to add vibrancy and depth by
It masks non linearities and produces a more natural dispersion and propagation of the sound.
Other features include virtual surround processing, spectrum analyzer and phase meter for improved imaging and can be used to restore or revitalize old recordings.
A Mac OS X version of the Akustix Enhancer is also available.
Changes in v1.1
- Improved overall performance
- Reduced latency
- Better sound for Virtual Surround, Silky Surround, Tone, Diffuse Cream, Noise Reduction and Clarity Enhance
- New Exciter algorithm
- Faster loading
- Improved re-sampling in 48, 88 & 96 kHz
- Smart installers for PC and Mac which automatically detect the plugin directory
- 64 bit Mac versions (VST and AU plugin; universal binary; requires OSX 10.5 or higher)
- 0 ms latency (if the host software supports it)
- Additional HF filter for 88 & 96 kHz for smoother sound
- Bugfix for program not loading issue