Alchemy is described by Camel Audio as "the ultimate sample manipulation synthesizer".
It's a powerful sample synthesizer with an intuitive interface. You will find the controls and remix pads to be fun and easy to use. You can start by modifying and playing with the included presets, then move into making tweaking and making your own sounds and samples. Its all about your music.
Alchemy has spectral, additive and granular synthesis and resynthesis. It can do sampling, and it can emulate analog filters with unison and PWM. There are many things you can do with the Alchemy including morphing or cross-fading between sources. You can import your own samples from WAV, SFZ or AIFF files. A variety of analog modeled filters are included, in addition to the multiple effects that includes all those from CamelPhat and CamelSpace. The innovative modulation system is flexible and easy to use. Alchemy also features a powerful arpeggiator with the ability to import the groove from any MIDI file for immediate synchronization to a beat.
Alchemy ships with over 2GB of samples and analysed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab. A library of 300 presets from many of the world's top sound designers is included, arranged into categories for rapid access to the sound you require. A variety of expansion sound banks are in development.
- 300 presets covering everything from pads and soundscapes to keys, basses and leads designed by many of the worlds top sound designers including Junkie XL, John Lehmkuhl, Ian Boddy, Richard Devine, Big Tone, Arksun, Beej, Summa, Xenox, Tasmodia, Paul Nauert, Christian Kjeldsen, Rory Dow, Artvera, Pendle, Dangerous Bear, Biomechanoid and Tim Conrardy.
- Over 2GB of samples and analysed content from in-house designers Tim Conrardy and Biomechanoid, as well as designers such as Ian Boddy, Robert Rich, Scott Solida and Nucleus SoundLab.
- Many years of dedicated sampling sessions of both unusual creative material such as the sound of chewing polystyrene to more conventional sampling of numerous acoustic instruments and voices, including a chamber choir.
- Advanced resynthesis engines help keep the library small, reducing the need for a huge disk-straining sample library.
- Samples are provided in open industry standard formats as SFZ and WAV files.
- Intelligent random preset generation.
- Add-on preset banks in development.
- 16 controls per preset carefully assigned by the preset designer, for instant access to each presets most tweakable parameters.
- 8 remix pad variations per preset - click and drag to morph between variations.
- Two XY squares.
- Unique 'auto assign' feature to assign a full set of performance controls with two clicks.
- 4 stereo sources each of which has additive, VA, spectral, granular and sampler engines.
- Morph between sources using advanced harmonic blending and precise time alignment.
- Crossfade between sounds with vector mixing.
- Modulatable stretch and position knobs for anything from tempo synced loops to wave-sequencing.
- Up to 100 zones per source using any synthesis method.
- Easy to use file import browser with sample preview.
- Micro tuning support with comprehensive categorized library of scales.
- Highly optimized code including SSE and Altivec optimizations.
- Up to 15 simultaneous filters.
- 31 different filter types including 18 analog modelled filters, 2 comb filters, 3 CamelPhat distortion algorithms and polyphonic ring modulation.
- Each source can be mixed between 2 parallel main filters each of which has an effects mix control.
- 3 filters per source configurable between serial and parallel modes; applications include formant filtering with free control over the frequency and bandwidth of each formant.
- Camel reverb, acoustic reverb, 2 delays, 2 mod fx (each capable of flanger and chorus effects), 2 distortions (each has bit crusher, tube, mech and xcita effects), bass enhancer, compressor, multi mode filter, 2 bandpass filters and band reject mixers, 2 three band EQs, panner and amplifier.
- All of the CamelSpace and CamelPhat effects included.
- Virtually all effects parameters are modulatable.
- Acoustic reverb with detailed control of time, damping and room design.
- Up to five effects blocks can be applied in any order.
- Flexible delay featuring two filter slots, crossover, offset and initial delay controls.
- Band pass filters and associated band reject mixers allow you to apply effects to specific frequency ranges for effects such as multiband distortion.
- Separate control of the velocity, pitch and pan of each note.
- MIDI file import for drum patterns and melodies.
- 'Groove import' to synchronize to a particular drum pattern.
- Wide variety of modes including up, down, up/down, down/up, as played, random and chord.
- Many parameters including multiple latch modes, key splits, played key velocity control, octave and source controllable from the modulation system.
- Ability to control one source or all four.
- Up to 128 steps.
- Very high quality analysis and resynthesis - import vocal phrases, drum loops, ...
- Up to 600 stereo oscillators.
- Realtime modulation of amplitude, pitch and pan spectrums by any modulator - for example, control the odd/even harmonic balance, pan partials using LFOs, stretch or contract the harmonic spectrum and lots more.
- Individual amplitude, pitch and pan envelopes for each partial.
- Easy to use additive editor with unique detail knob to simplify sounds for editing.
Virtual Analog Synthesizer:
- PWM and symmetry control.
- Initial phase control.
- Up to 600 oscillator unison with pitch, amp and pan control of unison oscillators.
- Large library of single cycle waveforms from classic synths to new designs by Galbanum.
- Phase vocoder analysis for high quality pitch and time stretching.
- Noise resynthesis mode using 256 band noise shaping.
- Advanced graphical sonogram editing - choose from a range of brushes and select the colour and opacity.
- Graphical spectral cut, copy and paste - cut or copy and paste specific frequency and time regions.
- Sampler or granular playback modes.
- Freely modulatable parameters including grain size, density (up to 10 simultaneous grains), random grain time and random pan.
- Selectable and customizable granular window shapes.
- Up to 16 LFOs, 16 AHDSRs, 16 MSEGs, 16 step sequencers - only those you use are displayed.
- Virtually every knob is modulatable by up to five different modulators (including modulation-depth knobs, modulator parameters, ...).
- Advanced mod-map feature for anything from drawing custom velocity curves to creating algorithmic random note in a scale effects.
- XY-mseg shows you a vector style view of two parameters such as morph X and Y position, with ability to import XY timelines.
- Per destination 'smooth' control.
- Modulation arcs intuitively show the range of modulation.
- Modulation details of selected knob automatically displayed.
- Right click on knob and select 'add modulation' to rapidly add and assign modulators.
- Playing speed modulation source allows variable response to fast and slow playing; for example to crossfade between staccato and legato samples.
- Unique flip-flop modulation source for customizable round robin effects.
- Personalized keyfile for hassle free copy protection.
- Available as a download or on DVD.
- Tutorial videos.
- Graphic interface by BitPlant.
New in v1.25
- Improved Analog Modelled Filters (by Cytomic).
- Improved CPU efficiency (by Cytomic).
- iPhone/iPad Remote Control Support.
- Additional Skin from Biolabs, and other skin options
- Moved the Performance Control Automation Parameters to Top of List For Easy Access.
- No instant Clipping of Filters, you can now decide to drive them beyond limits
- FX Presets now include Modulation Assignments.
- Enhanced the Release Time for Compressor.
- Improved Bit-crusher.
- Eliminated the Acoustic Reverb CPU Peaks
- One click editing of Perform Control Labels
- Smooth progress bar
- Win: better default paths for 32-bit and 64-bit Setup.
- Win:New Shortcut to Configuration Folder is created on set up.
New in v1.2
New formats - 64bit and RTAS:
- 64-bit support for Mac and Windows - access unlimited memory
- RTAS Support for Pro Tools on Mac and Windows
Enhanced Sampling and SFZ Support:
- Improved SFZ support - high quality loading of 3rd party and converted SFZs
- Key switching for fast access to articulations
- Round robin support for added realism
- Unlimited zones for velocity, round robin, key switches...
- Intelligent sample memory handling - half the sample memory required
- Multiple audio file import when holding down 'Shift' with automatic mapping to keys
- Easy SFZ loading via File -> Load
Improved GUI and New Skin:
- New 'Nightshade' skin by BitPlant
- Switch skins from the file menu
- Volume level meters for master filters and sources
- Zoom size remembered for all editors
- MSEG curves reset by double-click
Other New Features:
- Additional mod source for polyphonic aftertouch
- Improved auto-assign for performance controls
- 24 new acoustic reverb presets
- Randomise snapshots option
- Support for shortcuts or aliases to folders
- Improved MIDI program change implementation
- Easier, faster, more reliable sound library installation
- Supports new '.CamelSounds' file type for easier installation
- Improved stability and GUI handling in all hosts
- Improved Cameleon preset import
- Increased MSEG editor maximum zoom
- MSEG stretch mode now allow horizontal dragging
- Demo period increased to 4 weeks
- Effects rack now supports mouse wheel
- Reduced mouse sensitivity when editing breakpoints
- Allow use of different spectral palettes
- Save consolidated no longer copies factory samples
- User details only displayed once per instance
- Faster updating of re-mix pad and other controls
- Additive editor phase value reset on left click
- Copy to all snapshots now works for snapshot volume
- All submenus now display a check mark
- Comment lines now supported in SFZ files
- New 'Importing Audio' tutorial video - over 90 mins of tutorials
- Videos now embedded in relevant page of manual
User Library Additions:
- Now over 500 presets in User Library
- WAV to oscillator and LFO waveform utilities available in user library