Audio Converter quickly and easily converts audio files and CD-audio tracks directly to WMA, MP3, AIFF, Ogg, and WAV formats. When converting an audio CD, it automatically receives information such as Title, Artist and Album using the CDDB. Audio file metadata (e.g ID3v2 tags) is preserved during the conversion.
It allows you to encode specific portions of a file, combine multiple source files to one larger output file and to import WinAMP M3U and PLS playlists. Additional features include silence detection, variable bit-rate (VBR) support, ID3v2 editing, lossless WMA encoding, audio volume normalization and support for fade-in/fade-out effects.
- Convert from / to WMA, MP3, AIFF, OGG and Wave
- Supported source formats: WMA, MP3, AIFF, OGG, Wave, AU, SND, MIDI, MP4, AAC, FLAC, Monkey's APE, AC3, RealAudio and CDA.
- Extract the audio from video files in the formats: AVI, MPG, WMV and RealMedia
- Copy CD tracks to hard disk ("CD Ripping")
- Support for WAX, WinAMP M3U and PLS playlists
- Automatic retrieval of information such as Title, Artist and Album using the CDDB
New in v8.0
- Vista support
- Improved user-interface