Automap is a free application that comes with all Novation controllers.
It provides easy access to your DAW and plug-ins so you can get hands-on control of your music software.
Automap features an edit page that graphically shows what is assigned to which knob, fader or button on the hardware.
It also has a notification system that pops up in the corner of your monitor to let you know you what you are controlling when you move a knob, slider or button.
Novation Impulse 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller Review
Here is a demo of Automap working with Impulse:
Automap v4.4 Update Video Demo:
Changes in Automap v4.6:
- (4.6)Windows 8 signing
- (4.5)Fixed issue where preset could not be changed with speed dial on SL Mk II and SL Compact.
- (4.5)Default Mapping load behavior with Nocturn.
- (4.5)Updated Impulse firmware to version 670 which fixes issues with overlapping keyboard zones.
- (4.5)Improved Nocturn Keyboard LED feedback of Logic's transport.
Changes in Automap v4.4:
- Improved support for Reason on Impulse keyboards.
- A fix for black-note glissandos on Impulse keyboards.
- Built in uninstaller so you can quickly remove Automap for troubleshooting purposes.
Changes in Automap 4.3:
- Added Reaper, Studio One, Digital Performer, Pro Tools LE and Logic Express 9 in Setup Wizard
- Revised Plug-In focus follow on screen option
- Further integrated Automap into Ableton Live for Impulse users:
- Added HUI support
- Green light will come on for all HUI-supported DAWs
- Added 'Ignore HUI heartbeat messages' in HUI setting
- Added Automap mode to Impulse's Plugin button
- Updated Impulse Firmware to version 663, SL MKii firmware to 1.3.12, Zero SL MKii to 1.3.14
- Various bugfixes
Changes in Automap 4.2
- Fixed VST plug-ins not loading when downgrading version of Automap
- Fixed VST plugins requiring to be re-enabled when updating Automap. Automap un-installer will now only run when installing from version 3.x to 4.x.
- Fixed potential crash when disabling VST3 plug-ins.
- Improved Ableton Live setup procedures and guides for Nocturn, Nocturn Keyboard and Ultranova.
- Improved Ableton Live setup procedure and guides for Impulse.
- Removed plug-ins enabling for Impulse when using Ableton Live in setup wizard.
- Added notification message when trying to use an Automap 'thing' with Impulse when it is used under Ableton Live control surface.
- Fixed not being able to launch mapping editor by clicking status bar > edit mapping with Impulse and Ableton Live.
- Fixed crash when unplugging Impulse while using Ableton Live.
- Updated Impulse DAW Setup guides.
- Fixed Nuendo Setup guides mis-referencing on Windows