|Software Music Machine Archive||
Band-in-a-Box is an intelligent automatic accompaniment program for your multimedia computer. You can hear and play along to many song ideas and go from "nothing" to "something" in a very short period of time with Band-in-a-Box as your "on demand" backup band.
Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7 or C13b9), choose the style you'd like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest. Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a complete professional quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar and strings in a wide variety of popular styles. (Jazz, Pop, Country, Classical and more.)
Related Music Production Equipment:
Check out our roundup of USB Audio Interfaces
New in v2015
- 101 new RealTracks
- 15 new MIDI SuperTracks
- 46 Artist Performances
- 20 Instrumental Studies
- 1,000 new Modern, Techno, Dubstep and Worldbeat Loops.
- Improved GUI
- Instant preview of audio demos added to many dialogs
- Enhanced onscreen mixer
- Improved notation
- Various other improvements
New in v2014b381
- Bugfix for Freeze not updating on mixer sometimes.
- Bugfix for big Redraw chords when returning from Ctrl-T full screen mode.
- Bugfix for Anomalies on chords/notation window when enlarging mixer.
- Better synth engine (Sinsy).
- New male singer added "Matsuo"
- Settings now saved with song.
- 20% Faster startup
- Enhanced Vides Demos, new videos are organized by catagories.
- Added UserTracks Templates to "C:\bb\RealTracks\UserTracks\UserTracks Templates" folder (Also in C:\bb\data\TemplatesForUserTracks).
- Bugfix for Windows update requiring users to re-activate the program
New in v2014
- 50 added features
- 101 new RealTracks
- 54 new MIDI SuperTracks
- 36 Artist Performances
- 8 new Hi-Q MIDI Sounds
New in v2013b366
- New Tips of the day
- Better In Song Form dialog
- New 2013 PDF User's Guide
- Better memos in the RealTracks Picker
- Visual Transpose "Non-Concert" button enhanced
- RealTracks names now do not display the "\" character
- Genre Classicification improved
- Better Band button instrument list, now says (solo) for soloists
- Strings externalized for Non-English versions
- Various other bugfixes and enhancements
New in v2012.5b357
- Bugfix for MIDI files from MIDI SuperTracks and some RealCharts were not showing correct durations in some cases.
- Bugfix for some RealTracks with simple variations still not showing in RealTracks Picker in some cases.
- Bugfix for some cases, after installing from a PG Music hard drive to computer (option 2 or 3), MIDI SuperStyles weren't showing up.
- Bugfix for some of the newer RealTracks artists not showing in the StylePicker filter.
- Bugfix for some specific situations, Band-in-a-Box would display a spurious "keep take?" message during regular playback.
- Improved some RealTracks Picker memos
- Updated: 2012.5 Help file.
- Added: 2012.5 User's Guide.
New in v2012b51
- BugFix for issue where MIDI was sometimes playing along with loops.
- BugFix for Songs saved with loops were not loading the correct audio file in some cases.
- BugFix for delay when the stop button was pressed.
- BugFix for Help menu item loads Band-in-a-Box 2012 full manual pdf.
New in v2012
- 50 enhancements and new features
- VST Synth support for each track
- Multiple synths playing per song
- Use VST Audio Plug-ins on each track
- Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube CS)
- “Direct Input” (clean signal) Guitar RealTracks that you can put effects and amps on.
- “Loops” support
- Add MIDITracks individually
- 101 NEW RealTracks (Jazz, Country and Rock-Pop)
- “Band” button added to main screen
New in v2011.5
- There are 20 new features and enhancements in Band-in-a-Box 2011.5 since version 2011.
- Added a new floating Mixer Window, allowing you to quickly set volumes, panning, reverb, tone and patches.