Bark is a multi-band filter plug-in that attempts to match the reception characteristics of the final destination of all sound: the ear. The ear behaves as if it contains a bank of filters, each filter passing frequencies within the critical band. In fact, the human ear also has its own built in compression system which is based on the critical bands. Consequently Bark incorporates an independent compression algorithm for each of its 27 bands.
- 27 Bark band Equalizer/Compressor.
- Linear phase precision filters for maximal transparency.
- +24 / -48 dB gain change rate per band.
- Surround operation with channel link/unlink (only available in AU / RTAS / VST3 versions).
- Minimized latency (12 ms).
- Real time pre/post processing spectrum display.
- Compression parameters overall and per band.
New in v1.5
- VST3 / VST2.4: 64-bit version
- VST3: AI Knob Interface integrated.
- Redesigned user interface.
- Control/Command click on band level resets to 0dB.
- Preset name not remembered on save/load with some Hosts.
- Bugfix for RTAS crash on Bypass with mono plugin
New in v1.1
- New Features: Automation of band parameters (not with RTAS).
- Bug fixes: Cubase 5 compatibility.
- Bug fixes: Default values missing.
- Bug fixes: Preset name not recalled on host load.
- Bug fixes: Occasional noise on plugin insert/sequencer start fixed.
- Bug fixes: Surround channel names corrected.
- Bug fixes: Crash with Wavelab 6 fixed.
- Bug fixes: Occasional crash with Nuendo 4 fixed.