Bidule is a realtime modular creation studio aimed mainly at artists seeking a new creative environment to experiment with. With Bidule, you create your own live music creation environment, inserting audio and midi devices, ReWire Devices, VST instruments and plugins. Patching them anyway you like, in realtime, while it plays.
Bidule has tons of modules of its own. High level Bidules like:
- Step Sequencer
- Loop Player
And also low level building blocks that can be used to create groups, or "macro" modules:
- Math function
- FFT using the phase vocoder
- Bandlimited Oscillators
- Delay line
The power of your computer is the only limit here. You can plug anything into anything, in feedback, from n connections to n connections.
Also, Bidule features full ASIO support for low latency and 24bit linear audio files read/write, and of course a 32bit float signal path. Sampling Rates are only limited by your drivers! if they do 192kHz... happy for you! :)
On Win32, bidule can use ASIO, DirectSound or MM drivers. It also supports MIDI IN and OUT.
New in v0.9730
- Various enhancements and fixes
New in v0.9725
- Bugfix for offline rendering
- Bugfix for Retrologue save data
- Added Basic Moog VCF
- Added Ladder filter
- Added Multi Gain
- OSC Extractor: Added option to force discrete triggers on consecutive messages
- OSC Monitoring: Added display of parameters for non-processed messages
- Lookup table: added set value dialog on double-click
- Added some optimization to .bidule file loading
- Various other bugfixes
New in v0.9724
- Basic Arpeggiator, Echo and Quantizer
- MIDI Note Dynamic Filter
- Command and preference changes
- New Parameters
- Various bugfixes
New in v0.9721
- Bugfixes for Parameter linking
New in v0.9716
- Added swing to Arpeggiator.
- Added MIDI Echo.
- Added blacklisting of AUs causing a crash at scanning.
New in v0.9707
- Added support for 12 cores
- OS X: 64-bit test version of the standalone now available
- ReWire: added preference to enable the 64bit standalone to communicate with the ReWire device
- VST: added support for plugins changing the number of inputs/outputs through audioMasterIOChanged
New in v0.9705