Cantabile v2.0 build 2064
Cantabile is a powerful host for virtual instruments and effects with an emphasis on real-time performance and use in live performance situations.
- Play: With Cantabile you can play VST instruments and process audio effects in real-time. Plug-ins can be connected in series to form racks and multiple racks can be run concurrently with each delivering a different sound or instrument. Racks can also be connected together to apply common effects to multiple instruments.
- Perform:For live performance, Cantabile's sub-session support can be used to pre-configure sets of plug-ins and instantly switch between them by bypassing some and enabling others. Most settings can be controlled remotely using MIDI controller assignments and everything can be kept in sync with MIDI clock support.
- Record: Cantabile's audio and MIDI recorders can be used for automatic or manual recording and support both optimistic recording where all recordings are kept unless specifically deleted, or pessimistic recording where recordings are automatically discarded unless flagged to be kept.
- Design: For preset designers Cantabile includes a comprehensive set of tools including the ability to morph and randomize presets, "A-B" preset toggling, program bank organiser and shared program banks.
- Simple, powerful real-time VST host.
- Supports VST instruments, audio effects and MIDI effects.
- Plugins are arranged in to racks for easy but flexible way of connecting plugins.
- Highly optimized audio engine.
- Support for ASIO and DirectSound audio drivers.
- Support for MMX and SSE CPU instructions.
New in v2.0 build 2064
- Various bugfixes
New in v2.0 build 2062
- New color scheme "Bruised" (black and blue).
- MIDI clock sensitivity option (see Metronome options page).
- Fxb/fxp version checks now disabled for all plugins.
- Panel resizing now snaps for easier precise sizing.
- Ability to "repair" certain session file corruptions relating to sub-session data.
- Bugfix for crash when pasting a rack with a plugin that has "Enforce or Suppress MIDI program changes" option enabled.
- Bugfix for various random crashes relating to MIDI recorder in musical recording modes.
- Bugfix for crash when loading certain plugins that return excessively long program names (Magnus Choir).
- Bugfix for fix for Waldorf Largo plugin not switching programs correctly.
New in v2.0 build 2056
- Fixed - some sub-sessions not producing sound on first load after session loaded.
- Fixed - execute script trigger not passing command line arguments correctly.
- Fixed - crash on invoking commands from collapsed ribbon.
- Fixed - handle buggy ASIO drivers that report preferred buffer size that is not supported by allowed buffer sizes.
- Fixed - TheDreamMachine3Basic plugin not loading it's own presets.
- Fixed - NI B4 (v1) plugin never producing sound.
- Improved - MIDI assignments dialog now remembers learn mode between runs of Cantabile.
Proudly sponsored by