ColourEQ is described as the first "super-parametric" equalizer. It uses a higher-order filtering scheme which leads to a qualitatively and quantitatively new frequency response. The additional degrees of freedom introduced lead to four controls per band instead of the traditional three as in standard parametric EQs.
- Internal 64 bit processing.
- Free choice of colour palette in the GUI.
- Resizable plugin window.
- Curve display with auto-scaling.
- Coded in proprietary C++, low CPU usage.
New in v1.1
- A low-shelf filter has been added to the first band.
- A high-shelf and high-cut filter have been added to the last band.