The DJ Helper is a plug-in for WinAmp, the well-known music player for Windows. The DJ Helper gives WinAmp more features than professional DJ-type CD players that cost $500 or more. Using the DJ Helper and a standard PC with two soundcards, you can master performances like a pro DJ, with unprecedented ease.
- Automatic crossfade between two WinAmps with the press of a button
- Practically unlimited range for tempo, pitch and speed changes
- Temporary pitch bend by +/- 3%.
- Accurate (manual) BPM counting
- BPM value gets automatically adjusted when tempo changes
- BPM value can be saved into the MP3 file, and be automatically restored the next time you play it
- Fast forward and reverse by whole beats
- Automatic gradual sliding of tempo to zero.
- "Loud" pause, so that you hear where you have paused
- Set cue points with an accuracy of 0.001 second
- Cue point position can be saved into the MP3 file, and be automatically restored the next time you play it
- Instant play, typically 0.05 second reaction time
- Keyboard shortcuts for most commands, for fast action & response
- Supports two WinAmps for auto-fading and beat syncing
- Seamless, instant switch ("slam") between two WinAmps with the press of a button, for spectacular effects
- Automatic BPM matching between two WinAmps for beat-mixing
- Automatic BPM tempo averaging between two WinAmps, so that you always stay in tune
- Drag & Drop files to be played. Cue point and BPM count will be read automatically and the song will be auto-cued to the saved cue point
- Played files get "touched", so that you can easily tell which songs you have played and in what order
- ToolTip help (a not-so-obvious feature for many WinAmp plug-ins)
- Small file - Low processor load