ATTENTION: Before you decide to install this software we strongly recommend you read the comments below.
DarkWave Studio is a free modular virtual studio for the synthesis of electronic music. It has a built in pattern editor and sequencer. It allows you to load various machines such as virtual instruments and effects and connect them in a modular and straightforward fashion. DarkWave can load VST instruments and effects and it can also load machines using the DarkPlug API, which was custom made for DarkWave.
DarkWave natively supports both x86 (32-bit) and x64 (64-bit) versions of Windows with native binaries compiled for each platform. The x86 and x64 versions can each only load plugins for that platform, i.e. the x64 version only loads 64-bit VST and DarkPlug plugins.
DarkWave supports multiple processors well, with an aggressively multi-threaded audio path that can utilise multiple CPU chips and/or cores. The program is perfectly suited for x86-64 systems with multiple cores such as the "Core 2 Duo" and "Core 2 Quad" processors by Intel and comparable processors by AMD.
The following plugins are included with DarkWave:
- ES Arpeggiator - For Easily Playing Complicated Arpeggios With A MIDI Keyboard.
- ES ControlChange Mapper - Map Control Change Events From One Index To Another.
- ES MIDI Input - Play Instruments From A Music Keyboard.
- ES MIDI Output - Sequence External MIDI Synthesizers.
- ES Mixer - 8 Track Stereo Mixer With 2 Auxilary Tracks.
- ES DGenR8 - Synthesize Drum Beats With Roland TR-909 Flavour.
- ES BassHead - Top Notch Virtual Analog Subtractive Synthesizer.
- ES SpatialVerb - Realistic Reverb Effects With The Smoothest Sound.
- ES Stomp - Synthesize That Classic Techno Thumping Kick Drum.
- ES AntiAlias - 32x Digital Oversampling Filter.
- ES QuadDelay - For Trippy Echo Effects.
- ES Distort - Basic Overdrive Distortion Effect.
- ES Crunch - Limit Bits Per Sample Anywhere From 16 To 1 Bits.
- ES StereoSplitter - Split An Input Stereo Signal Into Left And Right Output Mono Signals.
- ES StereoJoiner - Combine Left And Right Input Mono Signals Into A Single Output Stereo Signal.
- Changed ES Mixer Machine To Use Same Volume Indicators As The Programs Main Toolbar.
- Fixed Drop Menu Controls Not Ticking Selected Item When Previously Selected Item Was In Place Of The Newly Selected Item Before Deletion.
- Drop Menu Controls Now Check The Selected Item.
- The Master Volume In The Main Tool Bar Is Now Persisted Between Sessions.