Deckadance is a popular DJ mixing application.
You can use most hardware MIDI controllers and time-coded vinyl and CD systems with Deckadance.
Deckadance operates as both a standalone program and as a VSTi plug-in. It also hosts any VST-compliant effect or instrument.
- Mixing: Beat analysis, beat matching, time stretching, pitch shifting, bass x-fades, and user-assignable x-fade curves are all possible. Deckadance supports MP3, WAV and OGG formats.
- MIDI control: Deckadance comes with pre-configured setups for working with the Vestax VCI-100, Behringer (BCD2000 & 3000), Allen & Heath Xone:3D, M-Audio XSession, Hercules DJ Console (MP3 & MK II), EKS XP10 , Kontrol-DJ. All other controllers will work in Generic mode or via custom links which can be made with the MIDI learn feature and saved for future recall.
- Vinyl control: The following Time Code Vinyls and CDs have been certified to work with Deckadance - Stanton FinalScratch, Serato Scratch Live, MixVibes, and msPinky. All other vinyls and timecode CDs can be 'learnt' using the inbuilt Deckadance Time Code calibration system.
- Sampler: Eight integrated sampler banks can load or record 1, 2, 4 or 8 beat loops from one of the decks (freely assignable). Samples can be triggered on-the-fly or beat-synced with the associated deck.
- ReLooping: The Deckadance Relooper features the ability to re-slice any beat-analyzed track and re-arrange the beat. The Relooper includes a set of master effects for added customization of the sound and can be used to create stutter effects, or to extend infinite parts of a track to create unique breaks, intros or outros. The Relooper also supports unique loop and leap features which allow the track to continue from the point it would have reached if no loop had occurred.
- VST host: Deckadance can host eight VST instruments or effects. These can be assigned to either deck, and are located in the signal path between the decks and the master outputs. Instruments may be driven by MIDI sequences to create unique live sequenced tracks. Included with Deckadance are the Image-Line JuicePack effects including: Love Philter, Parametric EQ & EQ2, Wave Candy, Multiband Compressor, Delay, Delay Bank, WaveShaper, EQUO (graphic morphing EQ), Flangus, Vocoder, Spectroman and Stereo Enhancer plugins.
- VSTi plugin: Deckadance can be loaded as a VST inside any VST-compliant host, such as FL Studio, Ableton Live, Sonar or Cubase.
- Playlist: Working with the integrated file browser, the Playlist allows sets to be arranged and tested before the gig, including cue points, loops and beat-markers. Complete with 'DJ-Style Automix' function (using Bass crossfades) even the laziest of DJs, or those who need to visit the bathroom, are catered for.
- DMX: Digital Multiplex lighting control standard is a communications protocol, similar to MIDI. However, DMX may be used to control lighting, dimmers and other DMX-enabled equipment such as fog-machines. The Deckadance DMX Sequencer is an optional module to be released soon.
- Skins: Deckadance ships with a Dark and Light skin. The skin bitmaps are freely editable so users can create or customize their own. New skins will also be downloadable from the Deckadance website shortly.
- Key DSP and Technical: ASIO-compliant, 64-bit DSP, pristine quality processing. Two decks loading MP3, WAV and OGG, aufTAKT Tempo analysis. Deckadance supports 12 freely assignable outputs and 6 freely assignable inputs. Crossfader curve shape is user adjustable, Pre-fader listener level adjustment, phone split (L/R), independent Monitor outputs assignable, Auto slave and Beat Sync, 3DP pitch control, 3 Band EQ with Killer buttons, Tempo Tracking, Torque simulation for realistic scratching and cueing effects, 7 inbuilt effect types… and much more.
New in Deckadance 1.93
- A font size changing option in the 'Setup window > Global settings > Browser settings'.
- Song manager resize buttons. Located top right next to the search window.
- 5 star rating tags now read from mp3 files at song import (ID3V2 format - WMP, MediaMonkey, Traktor etc).
- Improved the low equalizer band design (low shelf) and behavior of kill buttons (Kill - Low + Mid + High = no-pass).
- Changed the behavior of the sync button to left = momentary, right = lock.
New in Decadance v1.90
- New synchronization engine - Songs are now totally locked in sync for whatever functions are performed within DD. Importantly, Deckadance can now be fully synchronized in other hosts such as Live including BPM & Phase.
- Snap & Quantize buttons - The GUI also gains new 'Snap' and 'Quantize' buttons to make cue point setting and jumps to cue points, seeks in waveforms & exit looping perfect synchronized with the beat.
- Loop settings - Improved to work per-beat rather than per-bar. This means faster, tighter repeats are now possible.
- Song manager - The song manager (SM) is now fully integrated into Deckadance. You can detach the SM window, great for multi-monitor setups. The SM includes iTunes integration for drag-&-drop between SM and iTunes. Import playlists and more.
- File Browser - A new File Browser replaces the old one. Designed for improved integration, searches and working with your files in Deckadance.
- Options & Setup - All setup and options have been organised into a unified tabbed system. Spend less time searching and more time tweaking options.
New in v1.80:
Song Manager Features
- Manage 50.000+ in your music collection without slow downs using a open format database (sqlite).
- SM categorizes music files in your computer making them accessible through numerous search/sort features.
- Importing tracks into Song Manager doesn't copy music files.
- Simple search and advanced search via subsets of metadata fields (filters).
- Create playlist to organize effectively your tracks. Sort, re- order, reset original state, export to html/m3u and more.
- Create smart playlist that auto-update based on 'rules'. e.g.: "top 25 most played dance genre songs with bpm between 120 and 140".
- Fully customizable layouts: hide/show, re-arrange, (auto) resize of the metadata view columns.
- Edit track tags/metadata (title, artist, name... etc.) via inline editing.
- Cover art (resizable) display.
- Supported formats: mp3, acc (m4a), wav, aiff, wma, flac and ogg.
- Cross platform (win/mac) with full drag/drop external support.
Other notable changes & additions
- New Recording engine with threaded streaming to disk.
- Added supported controllers (Hercules DJ Console MK4 & American Audio VMS4)
- Added SNAP to the closest beat in the waveform for loops, cues, waveform seek and start position.
- Added DVS run-out protection with auto engage and visual feedback.
- Added Lead In function in DVS section.
- Improved DVS behaviour for large audio buffer sizes.
- Incremented to 30 seconds the minimum playing time to mark a song like played.
- Added right click over played state to reset it.
- Removed clear played state of tracks when automix is enabled.
- Updated minihost look and added song manager start button.
- Added downbeat and start position keyboard shortcuts:
> DECK A->Downbeat: "ctrl+t", Start Position: "ctrl+y".
> DECK B->Downbeat: "ctrl+g", Start Position: "ctrl+h".
- Added "key slider" and "key slider inverted" to the midi learn commands.
- Incremented decks buffer size to 15 minutes.