Deft Compressor is an audio signal compressor plug-in.
The characteristic feature of this compressor is its ability to produce "slim" and "slick" sounding compression, with intelligibility enhancement effect. Such result is achieved by the compressor's timing function that closely resembles the S-curve on both attack and release stages. The S-curve timing function also helps the compressor to sound "warm" and "clean" at most settings.
While at high attack settings Deft Compressor can be used to emphasize audio transients, it can also be used to "smash" the audio signal if you use attack settings as low as 0.1 millisecond.
Deft Compressor also features a so-called "vintage" compression mode which produces compression sound reminiscent of analog valve compressors: it produces a warm, gently saturated sound with the ability to overdrive the output signal.
Deft Compressor is perfectly usable for compressing vocals, drums, guitars and other instruments, both technically and creatively. Beside that, it can be used to compress mix groups and full mixes.
- S-curve timing function.
- "Vintage" compression mode.
- Multi-channel processing.
- Internal channel routing.
- Channel grouping.
- Up to 8x oversampling.
- 64-bit floating point processing.
- Preset manager.
- Undo/redo history.
- A/B comparisons.
- Contextual hint messages.
- Zero processing latency.
New in v1.4
- Key signal gain parameter added.
- Plug-in's popup-windows now recover last position after reopening.
- Mouse backward and forward buttons can be used for parameter value selection.
- Added "Min Infrastructure" user interface display mode.
- Added "Flat Level Meters" level meter display mode.
- Version change history information window added.
- The input level meter can be dragged now for threshold adjustment.
New in v1.3
- Oversampling filter type "Min-phase/Lin-phase" switch added.
- Global "Auto Oversampling Level" 1X (off) option added.
- An issue with the "Vintage Compression" mode in the "Dual Mono" routing mode fixed.
- The "Vintage Compression" mode is now selected for all channel groups to avoid phasing issues.
New in v1.1
- Attack time range extended down to 0.01ms.
- External side-chain support added.