The Digidesign ASIO Driver is a multichannel, multimedia sound driver that allows third-party audio programs which support the ASIO standard to record and play back through the following systems on Windows XP Professional or Home:
- Pro Tools|HD with Pro Tools TDM 5.3.3
- Pro Tools|24 MIX with Pro Tools TDM 5.3.1
- Pro Tools|24 with Pro Tools TDM 5.3.1
- Digi 002 with Pro Tools LE 5.3.2
- Digi 001 with Pro Tools LE 5.3.1
- Mbox with Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 (ASIO driver for Mbox available only with the Pro Tools LE 5.3.3 for Mbox on Windows XP installer. Use that installer instead of the installer on this page if you have an Mbox)
- ToolBox & AudioMedia III with Pro Tools LE 5.3.1
The ASIO Driver can also be used as a stand-alone driver (without Pro Tools), with any of the systems listed above (except Digi 002 and Mbox). Digi 002 and Mbox require Pro Tools LE to be installed first.
Full-duplex recording and playback of 24- and 16-bit audio are supported at sample rates supported by the hardware and ASIO program used.