Digital Ear can analyze a live or recorded solo performance (e.g. a singing voice, a saxophone solo, or any other musical instrument) and convert it into a standard MIDI file!
This file can be played by any synthesizer with a different voice of your choice, or you can import it into your favorite sequencer or notation software (e.g. Cubase VST, Cakewalk, Sonar, Logic etc.) for mixing with other tracks, automatic transcription, or any further processing.
Digital Ear reads standard audio (.wav) files or accepts live microphone input.
- State-of-the-Art recognition engine. Based on the latest psychoacoustical research on human pitch perception. Captures with incredible accuracy and speed instantaneous pitch, volume, and timbre dynamics, with minimal errors.
- NEW! Real-time Audio-to-MIDI capability.
- Full-featured built-in Voice Features Editor. View your voice features as they evolve over time with an advanced graphical representation (virtual keyboard, chart, sliders). Edit the pitch, volume and brightness of the sound at any time-slice with accurate and quickly.
- Settings Wizard: This is a advanced feature of Digital Ear 4. It allows you to find automatically the optimal settings for a particular audio file for best conversion results without trouble.
- Completely customizable to match every musical instrument or human voice. Store an unlimited number of user-defined engine settings.
- Ultra high time resolution (NEW! 5 ms frame size minimum).
- Two types of MIDI files ensure full compatibility with all known sequencers. Such as Cubase VST, Cakewalk, Sonar, Logic e.tc.)
- NEW! Modify Pitch and Tempo: Transpose your sequence with 1/100 of a semitone accuracy. Easily speed up or slow down the tempo of your song.
- Soft Quantization: User selectable natural sounding pitch quantization.
- NEW! Area correct: This brand-new feature uses a new powerful algorithm for error correction. Just drag the mouse over the area you wish to correct, and all errors will be eliminated!
- In-Tune Wizard. Will tune for you automatically a de-tuned melody, without altering the performance dynamics.
- Auto Correct: Will clean up for you most tracking errors automatically.
- Smart Attack Detector: Accurately recognizes note onsets. This feature is particularly effective for string instruments. On-the-fly real-time sensitivity adjustment.
- Integrated MIDI and Wave file player. Sends your MIDI file to any user selectable any MIDI device. Preview your wave files without leaving Digital Ear.
- MIDI controller redirection. Select any MIDI controller to send brightness and volume (expression) events.
- Unlimited MIDI voice selection. Select any of the 128 GM (General MIDI) voices.
- Full automated for GM (General MIDI) and Yamaha-XG compatible synthesizers. Also supports MIDI synthesizers that do not conform to these standards.