There are thirteen different modules in the package, with 24 lessons in each — a total of 312 levels. The games are presented in the format of multimedia flash cards. You score points by correctly identifying a note, rhythm, key signature, interval, or chord that is shown on the screen or played through the sound card.
New in v4.11
- Competition Mode allows two players (or two teams) to compete head-to-head.
- Dolphin Don now keeps scores for an unlimited number of players.
- The program now includes 312 levels – up from 240.
- A student’s level increases for each lesson passed, no matter which game is played.
- Teachers can easily check off selected lessons for advanced students.
- All MIDI sounds have been changed to digital audio, improving audio quality on most sound cards.
- Change in audio quality makes it easier to hear rests in the Hear Rhythms game.
- Read Key Signatures now includes seven sharps and seven flats.
- A module for Minor Key Signatures was added.
- There are three dolphin voices to choose from.
- The program automatically converts scores from previous versions of Dolphin Don's Music School.
- The program now works with Windows XP SP2 without installing extra files.
- Numerous interface enhancements make the program more intuitive.