Electroacoustics Toolbox is a modularized, multi-channel dynamic signal analyzer and data acquisition platform. Electroacoustics Toolbox brings powerful new tools to the Macintosh platform for multi-channel, audio-band data acquisition and real-time analysis of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic signals and systems.
It enables precise measurements of acoustic quantities, such as equivalent and time-weighted sound levels, as well as acoustic and electroacoustic systems, such as listening rooms and loudspeakers. The software is designed to work with any Mac-compatible audio hardware and supports multiple channels of 8, 16, 24, or 32-bit data with sample rates as high as the hardware will support.
- Multi-channel Dual FFT Analyzer for transfer function, impulse response, correlation, time delay, SNR, and other measurements of electrical, acoustical, and electroacoustic systems (filter circuits, listening rooms, loudspeakers, etc)
- Multi-channel FFT Analyzer for real-time spectral analysis of input and output signals
- Multi-channel Meter Bridge for a quick look at input signal levels
- Multi-channel Oscilloscope for real-time viewing of input signal waveforms
- Sound Level Meter for measuring instantaneous and time-averaged sound pressure levels
- X/Y Plotter for measuring relative phase and creating Lissajous figures in real time
- Signal Generator for real-time synthesis of various waveforms and test signals
- Noise Dosimeter for convenient noise dose measurements
- Hardware-accelerated OpenGL graphics for fast real-timeplotting
- Quartz-based graphics for high-resolution still images and prints
- Advanced control over input and output devices
- Device and individual channel calibration
- Support for units, including Volts, Amps, Pascals, and Engineering Units
- Saving complete configurations and data in project files
- Exporting data to ascii text files for easy import into other applications
- Work with multiple independent audio devices simultaneously
- No arbitrary limits on how many devices or channels are used, or on sample rates or signal formats--these are limited only by your hardware
- Modular architecture for rapid development of additional tools, with the potential to allow third parties to develop custom plug-ins
New in v3.2
- Two additional tools as in-app purchase add-ons - Room Acoustics Analyzer and a Noise Dosimeter
- The new Room Analyzer tool employs the integrated impulse response method for calculating the acoustical parameters of a room.
- The Noise Dosimeter tool measures daily noise dose according to standard methods, offering criterion sound levels of 80, 85, and 90 dB with 3, 4, and 5 dB exchange rates.
- Various other bugfixes.
New in v3.0
- Version 3 sports an improved user interface.
- User preferences are available for individual tools.
- Default audio device configurations, including channel labels, units, and sensitivity can be saved.
- Virtual input channels can be added to audio input devices. Two-channel signal arithmetic (add, subtract, multiply) is now supported.
- Arbitrary FFT lengths may be specified in FFT-based analysis tools.
- Sound Level Meter and Octave Analyzer tools support percentile-exceeded sound levels.
- Extended low-frequency support has been added to the Octave Analyzer.
- The Spectrogram supports log frequency scales and real-time 3D spectrogram display.
- Version 3 includes various other improvements over previous versions.
- The Toolbox may now be purchased and maintained through the Mac App Store.
New in v2.1.9
- Output channels of certain multi-channel audio interfaces, such as the MOTU UltraLite mk3, are properly enumerated.
- Audio device channel gains on certain devices, such as the Wavelength Proton USB DAC, are properly restored when opening project files.
- The reference delay value in the Dual FFT Analyzer tool's function table is presented with greater precision.