FX Teleport is a unique and revolutionary DAW networking solution. From now on it's not only possible, but also very easy, to use as many computers as you want for your DAW. Just launch your favorite VST host on one machine and VST instruments and FX on the others, and enjoy working on your ‘audio processing farm’. You can even dedicate a whole computer to your favorite VST synth.
Why you may need FX Teleport?
- If the CPU resources on your main machine are insufficient, you may want to use another machine for the heaviest FX/Instruments. Using FX Teleport you can easily turn your home or project studio into a really powerful audio processing farm.
- Even if your CPU horsepower is sufficient for your needs, adding an extra machine will eliminate the peaks of CPU, HD and RAM usage, increasing the overall reliability of the system.
- Convenience reasons: a dedicated machine means dedicated keyboard, mouse and monitor just for control over your FX - which in the end may replace a dedicated hardware control unit (like for instance HUI). Just remember how many times you wished there had been another mouse.
- Overall stability: in case your FX plug-in crashes the machine, the host machine with your song will remain stable and you won't lose your work.
- You work on a project with someone else: another person may want to help you tweak your FX parameters while you are mixing, or make some finishing touches on your sequencer.
- You want to get the most out of your software synth: you can almost turn it into a hardware synth if you dedicate a whole machine to it. Just assign the whole machine's CPU, RAM and HD, set the heaviest programs and FX, and this will not affect the whole system in any way - and you will no longer need to do preliminary bounces and mixdowns in order to free up some CPU power for more plug-ins on your host machine.
- Unique VST over LAN solution:
- Reduces DAW CPU load
- Provides a dedicated terminal for FX
- Prevents loss of data when FX crashes
- Full host integration:
- FX parameters saved in the host song/project file
- Host automation support
- Audio streams to host mixer
- Instant remote/local mode switch
- Small and constant latency
- Automatic and manual latency adjustment
- No jitter
- Sample accurate mode enabled
- Live performance enabled
- UDP and TCP support
- VST 2 support
- Support of multi-input and multi-output FX
FX Teleport v1.04 adds some useful features and fixes several VSTi compatibility problems. Please refer to readme file included with installation.