A good gate/expander is an indispensable tool in any mixing or live situation. FabFilter Pro-G offers everything you could wish for: perfectly tuned algorithms, complete control over the side chain and channel linking, excellent metering and great interface design.
Apart from excellent sound, FabFilter Pro-G also provides very flexible routing. You can choose between mono, stereo or mid/side processing and in expert mode, external side chain input is available with completely customizable channel linking and routing.
FabFilter Pro-G combines smart input/output level meters with a real-time level display and transfer curve. Everything was specifically designed to give clear feedback on the current gate/expander settings and processing, letting you set them up easily.
Of course, you also get all the usual FabFilter goodies: perfectly tuned knobs, MIDI Learn, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an excellent help file with interactive help hints, SSE optimization and much more!
- Five meticulously tuned expander/gate algorithms, including upward expansion
- Program dependent attack and release curves
- Low CPU usage
- Adjustable range, hold time and knee settings
- Optional look-ahead time up to 10 ms
- Precise and helpful metering, including a real-time level display
- Expert mode that offers highly customizable side chain options
- Mono, stereo or mid/side processing
- Up to four times linear-phase oversampling
- Zero-latency operation mode
- External side chain option
- MIDI triggering: open the gate/expander with your MIDI keyboard
- Separate dry/wet level settings
- Easy to set up for common gating / expansion scenarios with the included factory presets
- Double-click text entry of parameter values
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- MIDI Learn
- Undo/redo and A/B comparison
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints
- Available in AU, VST, VST 3, RTAS and AS formats for Mac OS X and Windows
Changes in v1.11
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
Changes in v1.10
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Various other bugfixes
New in 1.05
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces