FabFilter Micro is a digital filter plug-in.
Featuring the classic filter first developed for the FabFilter One synthesizer with low-pass and high-pass filter shapes, FabFilter Micro has a smooth and creamy sound that will turn into "raw self-oscillating madness" at a flick of the Peak knob. Yet even at full resonance, the filter always maintains an analog-like balance, happily saturating and clipping the incoming sound without exhibiting the digital artifacts and impurities that most other filters suffer from.
The built-in envelope follower offers more creative filter effects by letting you modulate the filter cut-off frequency depending on the amplitude of the incoming signal. Furthermore, the separate input and output gain controls make it easy to amplify or reduce the internal filter saturation at will by adjusting the level of the incoming signal before it hits the filter internals.
Naturally, FabFilter Micro contains all those FabFilter goodies that you've come to expect: perfectly fine-tuned knobs and controllers, interactive MIDI Learn, undo/redo and A/B switch, Smart Parameter Interpolation for smooth parameter transitions, an extensive help file with interactive help hints, sample accurate automation, and AltiVec and SSE optimization.
- Includes the classic, analog-sounding filter from FabFilter One
- Low-pass and high-pass settings
- Envelope follower modulating the cut-off frequency
- Modern interface with large interactive filter display
- Input and output gain settings to control saturation
- Includes basic factory presets to get started right away
- Stereo and mono plug-ins available
- MIDI Learn
- Smart Parameter Interpolation
- Sample-accurate automation
Changes in v1.11
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
Changes in v1.10
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Various other bugfixes
Changes in 1.05
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces