Timeless is a stereo tape delay plug-in with flexible feedback routing, optional time stretching, two filters and unique drag-and-drop modulation slots.
However, Timeless is not only a modeled classic tape delay, it is capable of much more. With its unique filters and many creative options, Timeless can create delay, echo, chorus, flanger, phaser, scratching, and numerous other effects.
It contains two separate L and R delay lines which can be panned individually. Each delay line can be synchronized to the host tempo with fully adjustable offset. A tap feature is provided, and the L/R delay times can be synchronized.
In Tape mode, the delay lines function as a classic tape delay. Changing the delay time will change the pitch of the signal accordingly, enabling you to create scratch-like effects because the delay line responds very smoothly to knob movements. In Stretch mode, the music slows down or speeds up while keeping the pitch the same.
The signal from the delay lines is fed to two high-quality multi-mode filters that are based on FabFilter's unique digital filter technology. Each filter has six different filter characteristics, ranging from smooth with moderate overdrive to extremely raw and self-oscillating. Low-pass, high-pass, band-pass responses and 12/24/48 dB/octave slopes are available, and each filter can be panned to create stereo effects without phase problems. From the filters, the signal is taken back to the delays and can be adjusted per audio channel with the feedback and cross-feedback knobs. Per-channel phase inversion makes it easy to create flanger and phasing effects.
The 24 modulation slots in Timeless provide very flexible modulation possibilities. Setting up modulation connections is easy: just drag a modulation source to any knob that can be modulated to fill a modulation slot. Modulation slots can be inverted and bypassed, and it's also possible to modulate the level knobs of other slots. Almost all parameters can be modulated.
Modulation sources include two LFOs, an Audio/MIDI-triggered envelope generator, and velocity, aftertouch, keyboard track, pitch bend, and mod wheel sources. Each LFO has triangle, square, sine, random triangle, and sample-and-hold wave forms, tempo sync in either straight, triplets or dotted mode, note-on sync, and a wave balance setting. All EG parameters and the LFO frequencies can be modulated.
- L and R delay lines (10 ms - 5 sec) with host tempo sync, panning, and L/R sync.
- Feedback and cross-feedback with L/R sync and phase inversion.
- Tape delay or time stretching behavior when changing the delay time.
- Tap feature.
- Two state-of-the-art multimode filters with filter panning and six characteristics.
- Interactive filter display.
- Two LFOs with tempo/MIDI sync, triangle, square, sine, S&H, and random wave forms, wave balance, polarity.
- Audio/MIDI triggered envelope generator.
- Unique drag-and-drop modulation with 24-slot modulation matrix.
- Velocity, aftertouch, keyboard track, mod wheel and pitch bend modulation sources.
- MIDI Learn.
- Over 100 presets.
- Unique per-component presets.
- Smart Parameter Interpolation.
- Sample-accurate automation of all parameters.
- Extensive help file with interactive help hints.
Changes in v1.21
- Various minor improvements and bugfixes
- In FabFilter Pro-Q, Bugfix forAuto-Adjust Display Range feature
- Workaround for Maschine by NI bug for VST 2 plug-ins
- BugFix for interface issues on some hosts on Mac OS X
- Bugfix for possible crash on Mac OS X
- Workaround for resizing bug in Ableton 8 on Mac OS X VST plug-ins
- BugFix for incorrect MIDI message handling on Mac OS X
- Bugfix for graphical glitches when resizing the plug-in interfaces on Mac OS X
Changes in v2.20
- Timeless 2 now remember which section in the component display is expanded in Wide mode.
- New Modulation button
- Now support features in VST 3.5
- The Mac OS X version now requires OS X 10.5 and an Intel processor. They still offer previous versions for download for older OS X 10.4 or PowerPC support
- Now with GPU-powered graphics acceleration based on FabFilter Pro-DS
- Added mouse wheel support to buttons with pop-up menus
- Now lets you open Other Preset option to the presets menu
- Support for Steinberg's CMC-AI
- Bugfix for compatibility issues with Adobe Premiere.
- Bugfix for bug where the mono AudioSuite plug-ins cause the Whole File option at the bottom to be disabled.
- Various other bugfixes
New in 2.14
- Various bugfixes
- Added a workaround so resizing in Wavelab 6 now works as expected.
New in 2.13
- Bugfix for incorrect side-chain handling in the mono-to-stereo RTAS version of the plug-in.
- Bugfix for the the Dry Enabled parameter bug when loading version 1 preset, such as Dubby 05 bM in the Best Of folder
- AAX plug-in support
- Improved keyboard handling on Windows
- Fixing the "space key stealing" problem in Studio One and FL Studio
- Improved mouse handling behavior in Pro Tools
- Added more support for Pro Tools hardware control interfaces
- Easier automation through grouped paramaters in AU/VST3