Fazortan is a controllable space phaser - the basic design and sound is based on a retro phaser from the 70s but has been expanded to take advantage of the flexibility software can provide.
Full control over two LFOs (waveform, rate, depth and offset) is now available. Unlike in the hardware unit Fazortan's LFO works in various waveform modes: square, sinus, ascending saw, descending saw and random (only triangle is available in original).
By using both LFOs simultaneously you are able to obtain results that owners of the hardware box could only dream about. Endless contour diversity stretches results from a monotonous sluggish swing to become a "gurgling scrumble", just by a slight repositioning of the the rate knob. Additionally it is now possible to add consecutive all-pass stages as well as regulate the feedback effect. The amount of stages translates to how many humps and pits reside in the converted sound spectrum while the feedback parameter value implies the severity of these irregularities. A Feedback knob gives you sounds from soft to rapid and drilling. Additionally each LFO can be modified by altering its respective phase giving, as a result, an improved panning of the incoming signal.
- True emulation of classic analog all-pass phase shifter.
- 2 full controllable LFOs.
- Unique sound different from the others digital phasers.
- Presets organised into groups.
- MIDI learn function.
- 64-bit internal processing.
- No harmonic distortions at output.
New in v1.3.1
- Supports both 32 bit and 64 bit
- New preset browser with improved features.
- Better versatility with easy-to-use options control configuration.
- Redesigned MidiCC control including improved Midi Learn mode and assigns management.
- Bugfixes for some major and minor bugs and compatibility issues.
New in v1.2
- Full compatibility with Snow Leopard (Mac OSX 10.6.x).
- LFO sections were expanded with tempo synchronization parameters.
- Bank of presets and MIDI CC mapping available at startup can be customised (factory settings, empty slots and user defined files are available).
- Recently used load/save directory is now stored within plugin's ini file.
- Presets storing method can be customised.
- MIDI learn functionality was improved.
- Preset management was improved.
- Presets and MIDI CC map file naming was changed regarding to changes in all of d16's plugins. Loading of old files is fully supported.
- Factory presets were updated.
- GUI issues and conflicts occurring during simultaneous work with other D16 plugins- fixed.
- VU meters refreshing issues - fixed.
- Pop-up menus displaying issues - fixed.
- Problems with plugin installed in user defined folders (Mac VST only) - fixed.
- Due to adding of new parameters some hosts can notify about changes during loading old projects. However it should not cause any problems with them.