Formant Classic Advance is a software replica of the '77 and '78 Elektor Formant DIY synthesizer with added extra features.
C. Chapman chapman designed the orignal "Formant", it is a Semi Modular Analog Subtractive synthesizer. It was published as a Do It Yourself (DIY) project by Elektor magazine around 1977 and 1978. Ftec-Audio designed the "Formant Classic" as a tribute to this DIY synthesizer, and released it last 2010, as an open Source project.
This time around ftec-Audio added in some new features and improved the original Formant Classic and released "Formant Classic Advance" as donationware. ftec-Audio improved the classic modules and added some new non formant modules. Another new feature that was implemented is the fully automatic vst host syncing capability. This allows you to sync arpegiator, sequencer and LFO's to the host tempo and song position.
- Standalone (.exe) and VSTi plugin (.dll) versions
- Analog subtractive semi modular design
- Automatic sequencer, arpegiator, LFO's and delay effect tempo and position syncing to host
- Monophonic, polyphonic and unison play modes, up to 16 voices
- 32 cell polyphonic sequencer with independant trigger, pitch, gate and modulation strips
- Enhanced modulation possibilities e.g. single voice aftertouch in poly patch
- Effect module with Panning, Chorus/Flanger, Ring Modulation, stereo/cross Delay and Reverb
- Polyphonic Arpegiator that can use sequencer cells for special arpegiations
- Flexible patch play parameter assignment