Forte creates an ideal environment for making the kind of music you've always dreamed of. It's the first music software to strike the perfect balance between infinite creativity and deceptively simple recording tools. Let your imagination soar as you compose original scores or edit existing MIDI files. Either way, Forte does the hard work for you-recording tracks as fast as you create them, and capturing changes as fast as you make them. All the while, you can watch your music-making in real-time notation on a dynamic score.
The main features of Forte are:
Notation, Sequencing, Transpose, Transpose by Instrument, MIDI In & Out, Drag & Drop Edit, Quantize, Copy, Nudge, Piano roll, Real-Time notation display and the ability to Punch Record (In / Out), Loop Record & Playback.
Other new notable features include:
Professional sound quality the support is included for plug-ins, instruments and effects. Import /Export Music XML. Export scores or selected tracks to JPEG, BMP, TGA, TIFF, EPS (PostScript), Wave and MP3.
It has the following limitations in comparison to features available in Forte Standard:
- Track View not available, just Page View
- Maximal of 8 staves/track
- Limited number of dynamic and tempo signs
- Limited number of accent, ornament and repeating signs
- No MIDI export
- No loop recording
- No layout changes
- Maximal of 2 individual voices per track
- "Go To" limited to time entry point
- Small mixer without effect regulations
- Mixer without mute and solo buttons
- No MIDI Event List
- Limited number of actions
- Limited number of templates