G7 is the perfect tool for guitarists of any level to create tab faster and easier than ever before, add lyrics and chord symbols and instantly create lead sheets or Piano-Vocal-Guitar arrangements. G7 also enables guitarists to scan tab and instantly turn it into standard notation (sheet music) or scan standard notation and turn it into tab. G7 reads and saves ASCII tab and MIDI file formats so musicians can share music by email or on the internet. The intuitive virtual fretboard allows guitarists to enter tab by clicking on frets, and the fretboard displays fingerings as it plays back making it easy to learn new songs. In addition to being a tab authoring solution, G7 contains the G7 Guide, a complete information source for guitars, playing techniques and musical styles, with audio examples and useful musical illustrations to help players write and play better. The Guide provides a fully comprehensive tutorial and teaching materials for guitar teachers and all students of guitar.
Additional benefits of using G7:
- Guitarists can enter tab via an interactive fretboard, mouse, keystrokes, playing live, or scanning;
- The interactive guitar fretboard provides a visual representation of how to play the music;
- Songs can be saved as a web page and are then ready to be emailed and/or placed on the Internet;
- Tab can be displayed in many rhythmic styles and bends, slides, etc. can be played back;
- Guitarists can edit simply by clicking and dragging the mouse; no modes or tools necessary;
- All guitar tunings and number of strings supported;
- Drum pattern generator creates drum notation automatically for songwriters; and G7 offers a unique multi-media guide that lets guitarists explore guitars techniques and a wide range of different styles and genres - from metal to gospel to bluegrass.
- When the download has finished, double-click the InstallEnglishG7Demo file on your desktop, and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Windows XP users only - you will also need to install the Sibelius Scorch plug-in, which will install fonts needed for G7 to run correctly.
- When the installer has finished, choose Start > Programs > Sibelius Software > G7 Demo to run the demo. (You can delete the InstallEnglishG7Demo file if you like.)
- Click ? on the toolbar to read the built-in demo user guide (requires Acrobat Reader), which you can print.