GuitarTabX is no longer available
We have left this page here for those who are still using the software and want to use the comments area
GuitarTab is a guitar tabulature program for the macintosh, by Greg Clayton, which allows easy entering and playback of guitar tabulature.
In this version:
- Live playback which scrolls along as song plays back
- ASCII Import and Export!!!
- Built in MP3 player which allows users play and learn MP3 files!
- Slow down or speed up songs by up to 12 half-steps in exact half step increments
- Tune the song to your guitar, instead of tuning your guitar to a song
- A-B repeat controls to play a specific portion of a song over and over
- Fretboard view shows shows a graphical representation of which frets are pressed for each event as you scroll around
- New Keyboard view allows viewing and entering notes on a piano keyboard and is updated as you scroll around
- Text can be entered above each event (for chord names)
- Text can be entered below each event (for lyrics)
- Chord menu allows easy entering of chords by selecting them from the menu
- The "Chords.txt" file that is located in the same directory as the program is automatically parsed each time GuitarTab is run. Edit this text file (the format is explained in the text file) and add your own chords!!!
- Import alternate chord text files on the fly for different songs
- Many old hidden keyboard commands have been exposed in menus
- File format is completely compatible with the old GuitarTab files!
- Re-organzied menubar
- All event level menu items are now in "Event" menu
- All fret level menu items are now in "Fret" menu
- Modified modifier key usage to be consistent for similar actions
- Updated file version which is completely compatible with older version of GuitarTab which allows for future expandability and now saves "Force new line"
- Increased bend amount ranges (you can now bend from a quarter step up to 3 steps)
Proudly sponsored by