HALion Sonic is Steinberg’s premier VST workstation.
Over a thousand instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Yamaha and Steinberg offer a staggering array of first class synths, hybrid and acoustic instruments, covering almost any conceivable style.
Exclusive and comprehensive world-class content, an intuitive interface for seamless handling and the sheer endless possibilities of creating entirely new landscapes deliver truly unlimited sonic dimensions.
- Easy-to-use yet powerful premier music and production workstation for synthesized sounds and breathtaking recreation of acoustic instruments
- Outstanding library including over 1,400 instrument sounds created by top sound experts at Steinberg and Yamaha
- Powerful multi-timbral VST 3 audio-engine with 4 different modes: disk-streaming sample playback, highend virtual analog synthesis, dedicated sliced-loop and drum mode
- Unique morphing filters seamlessly blend between up to 4 of 24 filter shapes
- FlexPhraser module for dynamically driving beats, arpeggios and complex tonal phrases
- Wide range of audio effects on board, including REVerence convolution reverb
- Integrated MediaBay sound management system
- Stage optimized: dedicated player view, rapid building of keyboard splits or layers, and switching of entire multisetups with a single command
- Full VST Expression 2 support for smart articulation editing in Cubase 6
- Cross platform: Windows (VST 3, VST 2.4) and Mac OS X (VST 3, VST 2.4, AU) plug-in support, including professional standalone
Note: The USB-eLicenser/Steinberg Key (copy protection device) required to run this product is not included. Customers who do not own a USB-eLicenser/Steinberg Key must purchase one separately. The same USB-eLicenser/Steinberg Key copy protection device is then used for all Steinberg products that require it.
Changes in v1.6.3
- Bugfix for issue with opening and loading HALion Sonic projects in Cubase 7.0.0
Changes in v1.6.2
- Improved module and section preset menu
- Bugfix for MIDI: "Key Off" sounds
- Bugfix for MIDI: NoteOffs from one program no longer end notes in other slots working on the same MIDI channel.
- Bugfix for MIDI: Selecting RPN "Null" no longer resets the controller.
Changes in v1.6
- Supports Multi-Core processing
- Optional multi-program loading
- Automation Channels now with slot numbers
- Key command window
- Better Phrase selector dialog in FlexPhraser
- Morph Filter Audio effect
- Customized Startup
- Various Bugfixes