Building on the power and ease of use of the original Harmony Engine, Harmony Engine Evo incorporates Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology for faster, more accurate pitch detection, smoother, artifact-free pitch shifting, and seamless, natural-sounding throat modeling. And with the addition of 5 channels of Antares' unique Choir Vocal Multiplier, Harmony Engine Evo allows the creation of huge vocal ensembles from a single vocal line.
With four independent harmony voices, a variety of powerful harmony generating modes, humanization features for natural sounding performances, and a flexible real-time preset system for harmony and vocal type, Harmony Engine Evo provides easy-to-use tools to quickly and easily produce virtually any vocal arrangement one can imagine.
- Antares' Evo Voice Processing Technology for faster, more accurate pitch detection and smoother, artifact-free pitch shifting.
- Four high-quality, formant-corrected harmony voices with independent vocal character, vibrato and pan settings.
- Five channels of Antares' unique Choir Vocal Multiplier, which can turn each voice into 2, 4, or 8 individual unison voices, perfect for creating choirs out of a single vocal line.
- Antares Throat Modeling technology that processes each harmony voice through a physical model of the human vocal tract.
- A variety of innovative Harmony Control modes, from fully automatic to individual control of every note:
- Fixed or Scale Intervals - Simply set the key and harmony voice intervals and let Harmony Engine do the rest.
- Scale Degree or Chord Name - Define harmony chord-by-chord, complete with inversions and variable vocal ranges.
- Chord by MIDI - Define harmony in real time via a MIDI controller or pre-recorded MIDI track.
- MIDI Omni - Directly "play" the four harmony voices as if they were voices of a synth or sampler.
- MIDI Channel - Use four separate MIDI channels for absolute control over each note of a vocal arrangement.
- Spread and Register controls that allow a musician to quickly and intuitively set the pitch range and harmony style of their vocal arrangement.
- Humanize functions that provide selectable amounts of variation to each harmony voice for realistic, natural sounding results.
- A Freeze function that allows a unique variety of backup vocal effects by making it possible to instantly freeze pitch and/or formant articulation at any point.
- A Harmony Preset matrix that allows the creation of up to 15 complete harmony settings and the ability to instantaneously recall them, in real time or via automation.
- A Voice Parameter Preset matrix that allows the creation and instantly recall up to 6 different "vocal groups".
- Five-channel output capability (host dependent) that makes it possible to assign or export the original input and each of the four harmony voices to their own channels for further processing.
- Time Allen Papouban uses Harmony Engine Evo with vocalist Holly Prothman to create all of the harmonies in his composition, Time. Harmony Engine Evo's integrated CHOIR function is used to thicken up the backing vocals in the first half of the song, while the second half features five-part harmony, all created with a single instance of Harmony Engine Evo.
- Sing In Harmony Composer Jeff Essex wrote this tasty bit of vocal harmony and recorded vocalist Jerry Kennedy singing the lead. Jeff then used Harmony Engine Evo's MIDI Channel mode to produce all of the harmony parts, including the integrated CHOIR on some of the phrases. The rhythm and synth accompaniment was added by our own Allen Papouban.
- On My Chest Producer/DJ/remixer Morgan Page uses Harmony Engine Evo to create backup harmonies for his song, On My Chest.
- Lift Us Away In this demo, Gerry Bassermann uses Harmony Engine Evo for the song Lift Us Away. Two vocal parts, each with Harmony Engine Evo.
- Let You Know Erik D and Stacey Dawn use Harmony Engine Evo on the vocals of this tasty bit of techno.