KLON is a harmonic pitch shifter for natural sounding pitch and formant manipulation of vocal sounds in realtime.
KLON can take your voice and adds up to 16 different copies of your voice in realtime.
This lays the ground for an impressive amount of applications like:
- Choir generator
- Voice doubler
- Change voice's gender
- Pitch corrector
- Extreme voice manipulation
The 16 pitch shifters inside KLON are divided into 4 groups making it easy to build up large choral parts from a simple, single vocal line. The four separate, switchable groups have their own dedicated set of controls. These controls include an x-y pad for fast, easy control of pitch and panorama. Each group can be altered in real time while music is playing or can be by-passed, edited and switched back on when required. The pitch for each group can be shifted by up to +/- two octaves with adjustable formant control retaining voice quality even at extreme settings. All of those controls are available for host automation for dynamic voice manipulations.
KLON includes a flexible and adaptive pitch correction to any given scale or external MIDI notes and chords. Think of playing a chord to immediately harmonize your vocal input. The realtime manipulation possibilities together with the low latency operation makes KLON the ideal live plug-in for vocals.
Changes in v3.0:
- Now has a VST3/AU 64-bit version for Mac OS X.
- Total number of choir voices doubled to 32 ( 4 groups with 8 voices each ).
- Added Monophonic MIDI playing mode
- New MIDI mode using 4 different MIDI channels.
- Further reduced latency to about 10 ms.
- CPU load reduction.
- Bugfix for Host latency compensation problems
Changes in v2.0:
- CPU efficiency.
- Less latency for realtime operation.
- Reworked pitch shifting engine for maximum sound fidelity.
- Separate handling for transients and consonants.
- Improved choir algorithm.
Changes in v1.1:
- VST3: AI Knob Interface integrated.