LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
- Song-Editor for composing songs.
- A Beat+Bassline-Editor for creating beats and basslines.
- An easy-to-use Piano-Roll for editing patterns and melodies.
- An FX mixer with 64 FX channels and arbitrary number of effects allow unlimited mixing possibilities.
- Many powerful instrument and effect-plugins out of the box.
- Full user-defined track-based automation and computer-controlled automation sources.
- Compatible with many standards such as SoundFont2, VST(i), LADSPA, GUS Patches and full MIDI support.
- Import of MIDI and FLP (Fruityloops Project) files.
New in v0.4.13
- Initial addition of Stefan Fendt's RC filters
- Standard filters: added 24 dB versions of RC filters as well as a vocal formant filter
- InstrumentTrack, NotePlayHandle: fixed note detuning processing
- ComboBoxModel: do not crash in currentText() if model is empty
- Mixer, Pattern: fixed pattern freeze with MIDI-based instruments
- AutomationPattern: fixed loadSettings() when there's just one value
- AudioFileWave: add "LMMS" as software metadata string
- SID instrument plugin: fixed missing save/load for coarseModels
- 3rdparty/libsamplerate: updated to version 0.1.8
- Add magnetic effect (for init value) on knobs
- PianoRoll: remove from selection feature (shift + left-click)
- PianoRoll: preserve melody when resizing a note by holding shift
- PianoRoll: Add tone marking feature
- PianoRoll: scale & arpeggio combobox
- PianoRoll: fix minimum and initial width
- SampleTrack: set/update tooltip for samples when loading project
- ZynAddSubFX: fix crash in Echo effect when changing samplerate
- ZynAddSubFX: Env: fixing envelope scaling
- ZynAddSubFX: Pruning code from static analysis
- ZynAddSAubFX Microtonal: Fixing formatting of detune values
- CALF: updated to current Git master
- Updated SWH LADSPA plugins and added missing hermes_filter plugin
- LVSL: added support for (automatable) VST controls and VST presets Misc:
- Added Polish localization files
- Updated German localization files
- Win32/Win64 builds built with updated MinGW64 runtime and GCC and shipping with updated versions of Qt
New in v0.4.10
- Autosave every minute and recover upon crash.
- NotePlayHandle: send correct MidiNoteOff events if base note changed.
- Audio: Re-enabled PortAudio back-end.
- PeakControllerEffect: properly save and load all settings.
- SongEditor: added smooth autoscroll.
- SongEditor: always bring up to front after loading a project.
- Add BB track when adding track to empty BB editor.
- ControllerView: fixed minor artifacts at widget drop shadow.
- ControllerRackView: fixed widget size issues after closing.
- Fixed various typos.
- SpectrumAnalyzer: fixed multiple instantiations.
- PeakController: initial work on attack- and decay-support.
- Updated CALF LADSPA plugins.
- Sf2Player: load default soundfont upon instantiation.
- Fixed CMT LADSPA plugins build on Linux.
- Fixed loading VST plugins on Win64.
- Added support for 32 bit VST plugins on Win64.
- Build system: revised Qt4 detection for Win32/Win64 builds.
- Win installer: do not append version to install directory anymore.