MReverb is a special reverb designed for mixing, particularly spatial positioning.
When you listen to a good mix, you should be able to place each sound source at some point in space easily, otherwise all instruments will appear at the same position and the mix may sound muddy. When you are recording in a good room with well placed microphones, you may not need any processing, but this is not always possible. Professionals use panning, delays and reverb to simulate the room. But you need years to learn it and after that you still need a lot of time to perform any change.
This is exactly what MReverb is for. You specify room properties and then you just need to move the sound source where you want and MReverb will try to make it sound like the object is in that spot.
- Spatial positioning system: using a simple view you can easily drag the sound source and MReverb will set all required parameters to make it sound like it is in specified room and position.
- Fully adjustable 3-band equalizer you can use to control sound of the reverberation signal, hence the room sound.
- 4 global modulators: in each instance you can have up to 4 modulation full-featured LFOs that can modulate any parameter including other modulators. This way you can make the sound move in time, be less static and more interesting.
- Fully algorithmic and true stereo reverb: MReverb does not need separate plate, hall, and room algorithms. Instead it has a huge set of intuitive parameters that allows you to easily emulate any given reverb characteristic. Anything from small rooms to extremely large halls with almost infinite reverb tails.
- Advanced and easy-to-use user interface: You can easily change all values and gain maximal accuracy using textual editing. Smooth visualization of resulting response with almost unlimited zooming.
- MIDI controllers with MIDI learn: you can map any parameter to any MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard and control it realtime or record and automate it.
- Global preset management: using a title button you can save your settings, which are shared on the computer, so you can easily access them in other songs.
- 64-bit processing and unlimited sampling rate, recommended maximum is 384kHz. MReverb has low harmonic distortion.
- Very fast, optimized for SSE and SSE2 processors.
- Full automation.
Changes in v7.08:
- New Side-chain peak meter on the easy screen for some plugins
- Full automation/modulation to signal generators including LFOs.
- New "Banks" mode for multiparameters, for multiple bank parameter interpolation
- Improved signal generator smoothing performance.
- Increased unit grid visibility in all graph editors.
- Colors slightly adjusted for better visibility.
- Bugfix for randomization triggering "next/previous preset" load.
- Bugfix for plugins receiving MIDI channel 1 under Cubase 7 using VST3.
- Bugfix for step sequencer shapes not saving correctly.
- Bugfix for plugins that could crash when fed with "poly pressure" even via VST3.
- Bugfix for for plugins that temporarily freezes in VST3 when being automate.
Changes in v7.05:
- (7.04)Improved position editor visualisation.
- Plugin configurations and presets moved to MeldaProduction subfolder.
- Improved Documentations within the plugin.
- Enable individual channels for processing in surround mode .
- All peak/loudness/.. meters are now reset by clicking on them.
- Automate or modulate Modulator synchronization
- Most modulator sliders/knobs now send automation
- Step sequencer grid now follows the number of steps.
- Bugfix for high CPU usage on some CPUs when input was silent.
- Bugfix for Peak/loudness meters on easy screen bug.
- Bugfix for multiparameter not updating when modulated.
Changes in v7.02:
- New "Velocity (note-on)" controller.
- Added Tablet mode to Settings, which improves support for tablets.
- Fix: Some plugins crashed under some hosts when a different channel mode has been used.
- Fix: Progress dialogs weren't showing with correct graphics.
Changes in v7.01:
- Reorganized MIDI settings and added more note controllers.
- Modulate or automate Up to 4 parameter ranges of each modulator/multiparameter.
- Added global MIDI controller switch to prevent problems reset MIDI messages.
- Added "velocity" MIDI controller.
- Added transformation "Phase" to all oscillators.
- Several graph editors now support snap-to-grid.
- When modulator is disabled by automation or modulation, it may optionally restore original parameter values.
- AGC algorithm now prevents initial spikes when presets are changed in some plugins.
- Bugfix for Band input gains for bands 4-6 when using analog crossover.
- Added decay parameter to all analyzers
Changes in v7.00:
- Smart randomization algorithm
- Added AGC (automatic gain control)
- Added lots of presets for most creative plugins.
- Ultra-advanced follower borrowed from MDynamics engine is now used in every modulator
- Oscillators can now load custom samples (WAV, MP3, FLAC)
- Ctrl+click on a "Presets" button loads a random preset.
- Added global modulator switch, presets and randomizer.
- Added band presets and band randomizer for multiband plugins.
- Added signal generator shape menu images, presets and randomizer.
- Switched to VST3 3.51.
- Added Hold parameter for the modulator follower mode.
- All momentary & short-term loudness meters now have maximum value indicator.
- Delay mode is now "classic" by default.
- BugFix: A few compatibility issues, upgraded to VST 3.51.
- BugFix: Analyzers didn't work correctly in left + right mode.
Changes in v6.01:
- Plugin settings storage optimized for lower size and higher speed.
- Multiple modulator & multiparameter windows can now be open at once.
- Added "OnOff" mode into MIDI note controllers and increased their number.
- Default modulation wheel for dry/wet is now disabled due to problems with some hosts e.g. Sonar X1.
- Automated Vocoder, Waveshaper, Dynamics, Freeform equalizer, Spectral dynamics,
- Automated Rhythmizer (first 4 sequences of each type), Granular (first 4 transformations) graphs.
- Added predefined directories and drives in all directory trees.
- Multiband peakmeters now occupy more space for better visibility.
- Added range to MIDI note controllers.
- LU meters in integrated mode now provide the gating algorithm according to the EBU standard.
- Added band expand for all multiband plugins.
- Loudness meters now highlight the -1..+1 LU target region.
- MModernCompressor - added another auto-compression button which doesn't change attack/release/rms.
- BugFix: A few plugins were crashing in knob mode.
- BugFix: Band editor collapse button is now visible only in edit mode, not in active presets screen.
- BugFix: Smoothness didn't update in MAutoDynamicEq unless analyzer/sonogram was enabled.
- BugFix: MIDI controller presets didn't load and update immediately.
- BugFix: Advanced convolution kernel settings may not have been working properly.
- BugFix: Mouse wheel didn't move much with high-resolution mouses.
- BugFix: Crossover bands moved to the left made them immovable.
Changes in v6.00:
- Interface and memory enhancements
- Knob based interfaces
- New "double" envelope shape type
- Analyzer & sonogram can now optionally be enabled even when the GUI is hidden
- A-H presets now send automation when changed.
- MIDI note controllers now react on pitch-bend immediately.
- Added second tape mode for flangers.
- Added feedback phase invert and saturation for phasers.
- Knob mode
Version 3.02 adds envelope editor snap-to-grid feature and advanced envelope editor menu.