Neutrino (formerly AudioCodex) is an alternative media player for Mac OS X that tightly integrates your media, iTunes Library, Quartz Compositions and CoreAudio Audio Units effects. AudioCodex is made for musicians, DJs, audiophiles and casual listeners alike. AudioCodex allows users to easily create loops and apply real-time Audio Units effects to tracks from iTunes and elsewhere. It is built around a unique hybrid CoreAudio/QuickTime playback engine which preferentially plays files with CoreAudio.
- Pitch Shifting from -1200 to +1200Hz.
- Time Shifting from 1/4x to 4x speed.
- Opens most audio files.
- Opens most video files.
- Unique CoreAudio + QuickTime hybrid playback engine.
- Real-time AudioUnit Effects chain.
- 10 band Graphic Equalizer.
- Looping controls to isolate one or more sections of a track.
- iTunes integration with built-in iTunes media browser, or drag & drop direct from iTunes.
- Powerful Audio file conversion, exports to AIFF/ AIFC, WAV, MP4, M4A, AAC, SD2, CAF.
- Fullscreen mode.
- Create and edit your own Visualizations in Quartz Composer.
New in v1.86
- Master & Mix volume controls now operate independently in QuickTime mode.
- Mix Volume control In QuickTime mode uses a modified response-curve for a closer match to CoreAudio volume ramping.
- Watched Folder item Album, Artist & Genre fields are auto-filled using file-system folder-names if no matching iTunes track can be found.
- Genre tags discovered via metadata scanning as Indexed ID3v1 & hexadecimal strings are now converted to their Id3V1 equivalent English names.
- 'Add to playlist' contextual menu item allows easy adding of selected tracks to different Workspace playlists.
- Fix for crash at launch that could occur if Neutrino was parsing an iTunes XML file and encountered a track with no 'Location' key.
- Fix for using 'Return' key to start playback of a selected Workgroup playlist item also opening the 'Name' table cell for editing.
- Fix for Table column names & contents occasionally overflowing their drawing bounds.
- Fix for System alert sounding if Space, Return or Esc keys were used while the MediaView was the active view.
- Fix for Space, Return or Esc keys failing to consistently responding as 'global' controls.
- Fix for floating AV controller play button state not being synchronised with keyboard-initiated playback state changes.
- Fix for crash that could occur when attempting to create the Settings interface after loading certain (non-bundled) Quartz Compositions created on OSX 10.4.x.
- Fix for markers failing to be deleted when dragged 'off' the transport view.