Magic Vox uses the beautiful sonic qualities of guitar harmonics (flageolets), as a basis for the creation of a totally new playable and expressive musical instrument, with a distinctive sound.
Twelve of the best sounding guitars were selected for this mission and carefully sampled the harmonics that each guitar produces (See the full list below). Each guitar brings its own harmonic character and enables the creation of new different sounds. You can layer two guitar sources jointly for hybrid sounds and richer evolving tones. The advanced synthesis engine enables interesting sound sculpting options, and the noise-shaper section brings the vintage analog scent when it is needed.
Magic Vox's expanded effects section is an integral part of the sound design process. This section includes traditional effects such as Delay and reverb, along with special effects like the Granular and magic effects.
Also, Magic Vox has a multimode resonant filter section (Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass and Notch), two equalizers (one for each sound source), and two VU meters for volume monitoring.
Magic Vox can produce a wide range of sounds: from fantastic velvet keyboards to sweet distorted leads, organs and fender-rhodes style sounds, strange mallets, exotic string instruments, and many other innovative tones that don't have a name yet.
The Guitars: Gibson ES-335, Gibson Les Paul Standard, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Gretsch Nashville, Classic Alvarez, Classic Rodriguez, Acoustic Taylor 814ce, Acoustic Martin D12 (12 Strings), Resonator Guitar, Hofner Bass Guitar, Fender Precision Bass.
- Distinctive character.
- Samples of 12 guitars harmonics as a sound source.
- Advanced synthesis engine.
- Noise-shaper section for vintage analog style sounds.
- Dual layer capability.
- 3 envelope generators.
- Expanded effects section with Various traditional and special effects: Rotator,
- Granular effect, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Magic effect, Distortion.
- Lowpass, Bandpass, Highpass and Notch resonant filter section.
New in v1.1
- Automation problem with sonar was fixed.
- The noise problem that appeared when rotating the drive knob was fixed.
- The interface graphic problem with a Cubase 4.5 was fixed.