Melodyne Editor is a one track full function audio editor.
When you want to work on monophonic, rhythmic, polyphonic and any complex audio material, the Melodyne Editor can help get that job done quicker. With the many features of Melodyne Editor, a single take might be all it takes to get a good track down. Any mistakes or inconsistencies found in a recording can be edited and turned into a perfect masterpiece with a just a few clicks.
With the Melodyne Editor, you have total control of your recorded audio. You can manually or automatically correct timing and intonation errors. You can transpose notes to proper scale, adjust melodies, harmonies and rhythms, change or manipulate pitch and even adjust the vibrato, volume and formant spectrum of each note. If you think that is not enough, the Melodyne Editor has a special feature called "DNA" or Direct Note Access, with this you can manipulate notes within a chord or harmony!
Finally you can quantize the notes for a tighter rhythm and then export the notes to MIDI so you can hear them in proper context. The Melodyne Editor is a complete solution that will cater to audio editing needs.
There are three single track Melodyne products available, Melodyne Editor is the top of the line with full features. The Melodyne Assistant is the younger brother which have most of the features except for the "DNA" - Direct Note Access feature of the Editor. The smallest of the bunch is the Melodyne Essential, which does not have full functionality but have just enough for single track vocal and instrument audio editing.
New in 2.1
- Workflow improvements
- New Zoom function
- Intelligent compare function in ARA mode
- Enhanced reliability and performance.
- Various bugfixes
New in 2.0
- Expanded timing editing and tools – control the attack and the time course within notes
- Greater clarity and ease-of-use – highlighting of blobs as they play back, improved display of time and pitch grids
- True Scale & Tuning – comprehensive possibilities for the use, editing and extraction of scales from audio material
- Rewire support – integration with Rewire-compatible DAWs as an alternative to plug-in operation
Here is a video demonstration of the extended Timing tools in Melodyne Editor 2.0:
There are a number of videos available designed to help you make full use of the Melodyne Editor, here is one of them: