MidiSwing shows the content of a midi file as a piano roll which you can edit. You can edit any existing midi file, or compose your own music from scratch.
MidiSwing has been specially developed with the Mac OS X user in mind. Source code will be available in the final versions.
- MidiSwing can play any midi file, using a Java Soundbank (included in the application).
- You can choose the instrument for each midi channel among the 128 General Midi Instruments.
- You can compose a melody for each track by clicking on the keys of a keyboard. In turn, the keys light up when you play a midi file. Very convenient if you want to learn how to play a tune from a midi file.
- You can adjust different parameters such as tempo, volume, stereo (pan position), reverberation, and pitch bend.
- Finally, you can see the list of midi events in your midi file. MidiSwing cannot let you modify them in this list yet.