|Software Music Machine Archive||
Featured in Hitsquad's review of the Best Free DJ Software
Mixxx is designed for DJ'ing for both professional and semi-professional users. Mixxx was started in early 2001 as one of the first digital DJ systems. Today Mixxx includes many features common to digital DJ solutions, but also some very unique features: It is free, and runs on all major desktop operating systems. Futhermore Mixxx has a number of key features to help the DJ in the live mix: Beat estimation, parallel visual displays, and support for many DJ input controllers.
New in v1.11.0
New in v1.10.1
New in v1.10.0
New in v1.9.2
New in v1.9.0
Mixxx 1.9.0 adds several major new features including Shoutcast support, direct deck outputs for external mixers, and ReplayGain normalization. We've also added many enhancements to the library, a revamped default skin, and more!
o Mixxx can now broadcast over the internet (heavily requested feature)
o The new Sound Hardware preferences pane allows you to route each playback deck separately, which allows you to use Mixxx with an external mixer.
o A user from our forum worked closely with our developers to fully implement volume normalization, including performing the ReplayGain analysis for tracks which are not tagged.
o The scrolling waveforms now scale according to the channel gain for better visual feedback.
o Formerly known as "pitch-independent time stretch", there are now easily accessible key-lock buttons for each for deck.
o Since the original source material for the Outline Netbook skin was lost eons ago, our artist completely redid it from scratch and tweaked it for better visibility. The new skin has also added EQ kill switches.
o Mixxx now supports firewire HSS1394 MIDI devices such as the Stanton SCS.1 series.
o We're now using libFLAC directly for smoother FLAC decoding.
o Integration of TagLib allows Mixxx to parse more metadata from songs, and do it more consistently.
o Mixxx can now write changes in song metadata back to disk. This feature is off by default, and can be enabled in the Library preferences pane.
o The time counters in Mixxx now have an extra millisecond display.
o Played column - The library now indicates whether a song has been played in the current session already, and also counts the total number of times the song has been played.
o Ratings column - 5 stars, no stars, or anywhere in between.
o Better search - Search now searches in more columns, and by-term instead of by-phrase.
o Revamped iTunes integration - A rewrite yielded a significant speedup of iTunes parsing.
o Faster library scanning - The library scanner should perform much better on large libraries.
o Inline Editing - Double click any item in the track table to edit its contents.
o Recording to MP3/Ogg - Now your recordings can be saved in either MP3 or Ogg/Vorbis format.
o Vestax Typhoon
o Vestax Spin
o Hercules DJ Console Mk4
o Numark MIXTRACK
o Pioneer CDJ-350
o Hercules DJ Control MP3
o Hercules DJ Control e2
o Hercules DJ Control Steel
o Hercules MK2
o Vestax VCI-100
o Reloop Digital Jockey 2
o M-Audio Xponent
Since Mixxx 1.7.2 was released, the following changes have been made:
- Loop-in, Loop-out, and Reloop/Exit buttons added to our main skins.
- Loop point indicators on main waveforms and waveform summary displays.
- Hot cues
- Most of our skins gained 4 hot cue buttons, and Mixxx now internally supports up to 32 hot cues per deck.
- A brand new database-powered library, with:
- iTunes library and playlists access (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Rhythmbox library and playlists access (Linux)
- A brand new, faster library scanner
- A simple Auto DJ mode, which crossfades to the next track in the Auto DJ queue.
- Analyze view, which allows you to run bulk BPM detection on your songs
- Featured Artists bundle (Windows and Mac OS X)
- Revamped Song Properties dialog
- Re-arrangeable, hide-able columns
- Tons of new artwork:
- New Deere, Shade, Phoney, and LateNight skins
- Better descriptions in tooltips and snazzy new look
- New PortMidi-based MIDI device backend, supports using multiple devices at once
- Timers in the MIDI scripting engine
- New MIDI mappings:
- Hercules DJ Control e2
- DJ TechTools MIDI Fighter
- Reloop Digital Jockey2
- Updated MIDI mappings:
- Other stuff:
- A massive rewrite of our internal mixing engine
- More intelligent disk access to help optimize audio latency
- Optimized waveform rendering at 30 fps
- Ramping pitch-bend option, smoothly applies temporary pitch adjustment for nudging
- Import comment tags from MP3, Ogg Vorbis, and FLAC/WAV metadata.
- New library and preferences icons
- Improvements to UTF-8 handling
- Over 50 bug fixes and more!