MrsWatson is a command-line based audio plugin host used for debugging and batch processing based on the old MissWatson.
It takes one or more plugins, sends an audio signal to them for processing, and saves the resulting output. Although the plugins think they are running in realtime, processing is actually done offline (this is not the same as the "offline" processing in VST terminology). This makes MrsWatson ideal for developing or debugging plugins, or processing audio on a server.
- Build plugin chains from a combination of instruments and effects.
- Flexible architecture to allow for easy extensions of new preset and plugin types.
- Native support for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
- WAV/AIFF/PCM file support (via the audiofile library).
- Streaming PCM support via pipes.
- Colored console logging output for easy debugging.
- Supports MIDI files.