Anvil Studio is a multi-track program for recording, composing, editing, and mixing of music using MIDI, digital audio, and sampled percussions.
The free version now hosts VST-Instruments.
The free version lets you record an unlimited number of MIDI tracks and one Audio track. With the Multi-Track accessory ($19), you can record multiple Audio tracks. Audio effects include delay, pitch change, volume change, filtering, and reverse.
Designed to work with optional accessories such as sheet music printing, piano exercises, ear training exercises, and voice-pitch analysis.
For a full list of changes in this most recent edition see anvilstudio.com/history.htm
New in v2013.05.02
- Supports importing and exporting .ogg audio files as well as any audio file format that you have a DirectShow or ACM Codec installed.
- Fixed issue where the Rewind button sometimes caused extra spaces to be drawn on the staff.
New in v2013.03.01
- Improved Print-Sheet accessory
- Show track names above the staff
- Improved Multi-View and Copy-me accessories
- Option to use full screen
- You can now trigger a MIDI event that advances to the nexxt song in the playlist
- Various bugfixes
New in v2013.02.04
- Bugfix for Edit / Paste Special problem where it was sometimes pasting lyrics for one note beyond the last note in the clipboard.
- Bugfix for problem where View / Lyrics with no notes
- Bugfix for problem where View / Upgrade was saying version3.htm was in use by another process.
- On Windows XP when Multi-View was active, moving the mouse around, note properties pop-ups sometimes left blank spots on the display.
- Print Sheet Accessory: Added Show track names above staff checkbox to File / Print / Conductor's Score Options.
- Can now print custom fonts, e.g. 13/16, with the correct font.
- Performance Tool Pack Accessory: Controller tool could report division by zero error when very unusual MIDI file was currently loaded.
New in v2012.12.05
- Improved SATB tracks support (Soprano/Alto/Tenor/BasS)
- Now works well with audio drivers that are configured for 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound
- The free version now supports audio with up to 192000 samples per second
- Now works well with files that have non-ANSI characters
- Bugfix for a memory reference error
New in v2012.11.04
- BugFix for Export Mixed Audio issue
- Improved the way notes are displayed on the staff, ensuring notes line up properly
- Various other minor bugfixes
New in v2012.11.01
- Improved DirectX mode when VST-Instruments are loaded.
- Enhanced the EQ effect
- Bugfix for a problem that prevented selecting both clefs when lyrics were hidden.
New in v2012.10.06
- Added Fretboard support, TAB editor and Percussion editor now works properly when the Copy Me accessory is active
- Dragging notes from the palette to the staff now works properly when the Triplet, Quintuplet, or Septuplet checkbox is set.
- Enhanced beam lines.
- Various other bugfixes
- Other minor improvements.
New in v2012.09.02
- Enhanced the Staff editor's Chord Builder tool.
- More header lines for the Print-Sheet accessory
- Bugfix for minor issues
New in v2012.08.06
- Better VSTi compatibility including Garritan Aria Player
- Bugfix for File / Repair Song deletes redundant, unnecessary events.
- Bugfix for File / Save deletes all EndOfTracks except the last one.
New in v2012.08.01
- Staff editor now has Chord builder tool
- Insert tempo changes at the current song position by clicking the Tempo icon at the top of the screen.
- Several minor improvements to the staff editor.
- Bugfix for File / Export Mixed Audio sometimes generated distortion when set to ASIO mode.
New in v2012.07.01
- Added checkbox to Key Signature and Custom Time Signature dialogs to allow changes to apply to all tracks.
- Enhanced Track/Merge menu - it includes an option to merge all enabled tracks, and supports filtering out short notes.
- Added a Zoom control to the TAB viewer.
- Bugfix for View / Lyrics menu would sometimes not cause lyrics to be visible.
- More VST-Instruments are now supported, including the Korg M1 Le.
- Works well with more VST-Instrument Editors.
- Other minor problems fixed.
New in v2012.05.10
- VST-Instruments supported
- Drag audio samples to the Staff
- Piano Roll Editor now has splitter bars and scroll bars.
- Edit MIDI effects parameters
- Better native Equalizer effect
- Support VSTi automation of effect parameters with PRo-Mix
- Improved error messaging
- VST Instruments that do not respond to MIDI events alter the tracks Audio volume
- Various bug fixes
New in v2012.04.04
- Staff editor now has Chord Builder .
- Click Tempo Icon to insert tempo changes at the current song position
New in v2012.04.01
- VST instrument bugfix
- Other minor bugfixes
- Better EQ effect
New in v2012.03.01
- Bugfix for Playlist files
- Bugfix for audio samples that were not working
- Bugfix for VSTi echo issues
- Updated list of supported VSTi's
- Added Duplets and Septuplets to the staff editor.
New in v2012.01.01
- The free version now hosts VST-Instruments, allowing limitless sounds. You no longer need to rely on the high-latency, Microsoft GS Wavetable Synthesizer.