|Software Music Machine Archive||
MultitrackStudio is a full featured audio/MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows.
It has the functionality of a multitrack recorder, a mixer, a MIDI sequencer, and combines it with a number of built-in effects. It is designed to be a quick solution to turn your computer into a digital multitrack music recording studio.
- Record new tracks while playing along with existing ones:
- Audio (mono or stereo) and/or MIDI tracks.
- Cycle recording: record multiple takes automatically.
- Use the Varispeed control if your instrument's pitch differs from your song's (Pro Plus edition only) (more).
- Record alternate takes with just one key press.
- Mix the tracks:
- Unlimited number of groups and effect send/returns supported.
- Route Group or Effect Return sections to soundcard outputs (Pro Plus edition only).
- Mixer / Effects automation (Pro Plus edition only).
- Use Song Versions to store/recall mixes.
- Enhance your mix with real-time effects:
- Choose out of 19 high quality audio effects (more).
- Use VST and DX plugins.
- Add/move/remove effects on-the-fly.
- Powerful effect sidechaining options (Pro Plus edition only).
- Use MIDI to play instruments you can't play or don't own:
- Use the disk-streaming Sampler (reads .GIG, .SF2 and .SFZ patches).
- Use VSTi and DXi plugins.
- Use external synths and/or your soundcard's synth.
- Use the Wheel Organ or Electric Piano (included with Pro Plus edition).
- Correct your mistakes:
- Punch in/out recording.
- Non-destructive audio editing.
- MIDI pianoroll, notation, drum and controller editors.
- Unlimited levels of undo.
- Easy to use, no frustrations:
- Well though out design.
- Wizard to perform basic tasks.
- Context sensitive help system: press the F1 key to get help on the item the mouse points to.
- Fast and reliable.
- 32 bit audio processing.
- HP-TPD dithering with or without noiseshaping.
- 44.1/48 kHz samplerate (Pro Plus edition supports 88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz as well).
- 16 bit audio files (Pro Plus edition supports 24/32 bit and 32 bit floating point as well).
- Stereo soundcards supported using ASIO, WaveRT, MME or DirectSound drivers.
- The Pro Plus edition supports multichannel recording (up to 64 channels, using ASIO driver).
- Audio engine can utilise up to 8 CPUs.
- Automation (Pro Plus edition only) is sample accurate, except for VST/DX plugins.
Related Recording Equipment:
Comprehensive Guide to DAW Controllers
New in v8.3
- Touchscreen: Tempo Editor SEL menu features 'Stretch' and 'Stretch Accelerando' options.
- Practice Mode Tracks option in Audio track input selector
- Tempo editor: "Conduct" (tap new tempo for selected part). You can tap an accelerando for example.
- Tempo editor: Ctrl key can be used to create a gradual tempo change (accelerando/decelerando) while moving the righthand side of the selected part.
- Tempo editor now updates live while stretching or warping selected part.
- Tempo / Time Signature editor buttons (Undo etc.) can be controlled using keyboard shortcuts.
- Auto Wah effect.
- Punch recording with External MIDI Instruments: existing signal is now audible, just like it is with audio tracks and software instruments.
- Tempo editor: Undoing a "tweakable edit" now undoes the last tweak only, rather than all tweaks. All other editors work this way already.
- Tempo / Time Signature editor: lesser used buttons (Cut, Copy, Paste, Repeat etc.) are now in new 'More' menu.
- 'Add Click Track': BPM value is no longer limited to whole numbers.
- Various bug fixes.
New in v8.2
- More VST DPI scaling options.
- Fix for 'Vertical' knob for touch screen systems
- Guitar Amp effect now features 3 stompbox effects.
- Guitar Amp now allows for loading your own speaker impulse response file.
- Convolutor effect now has Random button to make reverbs sound smoother.
- While the Automation button is engaged an 'A' appears on all controls which can be automated, so you can see what can be automated. (Pro edition)
- Edit menu now features several options for opening Multi MIDI Editor and has similar options for the Multitrack Editor. (Pro edition)
- Time Signature picker now allows for quickly picking any of the song's time signatures without having to type it.
- Noisegate effect improved, with the Reduction knob now having immediate effect on sound.
- Bugfix for Multiband Compressor compression algorithm
- Bugfix for VST and AU automation sometimes not being stored in song file.
New in v8.1.3
- Touchscreen: rotary knobs can now optionally be controlled using vertical movements.
- Added 250% and 300% values to UI Size box in Preferences window. These options are intended for the Microsoft Surface Pro 4.
- Touchscreen the onscreen keyboard Drum layout pads sound a bit louder in the top-right corner, allowing for more expression.
- The Bass, Snare and Side pads sound a bit louder in the top-left corner because they are typically played using the left hand.
- Includes over 160 effect presets by Christian C. Thompson.
- Onscreen keyboard: the volume slider can now be assigned to any controller (including pitch bend and note velocity).
- Some minor graphics/layout improvements.
- Bugfix for Song time signature/key signature info could change under some circumstances when importing a MIDI file.
New in v8.1.2
- Touchscreen (Windows): pianoroll, drum and score editors now optionally feature handles for manipulating selected notes.
- New "Handles for MIDI notes" option in the Preferences pane.
- AU, VST and External MIDI instruments no longer solely rely on 'all notes off' MIDI messages to mute pending notes.
- Exception errors while saving song are handled better to avoid data loss.
- Bugfix for missing text from OS X user interface
- Bugfix for multi-column rack VST/AU automation windows
- Various other bugfixes
New in v8.1
- Support for Microsoft Surface Pro 3: new 'Pen with touch scrolling' mode.
- Added '200 %' and '240 %' values to Size box in Preferences window.
- Touchscreen (Windows): semi-transparent 'Rewind' / 'To last start' hints appear on touching the transport counter box.
- Touchscreen (Windows): Time stretching in track editors.
- Touchscreen (Windows): Onscreen MIDI keyboard can be zoomed horizontally using two fingers on the bar at the top.
- Touchscreen (Windows): pianoroll, score and audio editors can be zoomed vertically using two fingers on the editor itself (requires Windows 8 or newer).
- Touchscreen (Windows): pianoroll: selected notes which are long enough get resize grip to move start of note (in addition to the one at the end of the note).
- Touchscreen (Windows): "Sticky add/draw modes (touch)" option in Preferences window.
- Improved transport cycling
New in v7.81
- Better LAME MP3 encoder compatibility.
- Bugfix for issue with playback /recording level controls using Windows audio driver type.
- Enhanced sf2 file compatibility.
- Level meters now work smoother with some audio devices.
New in v7.8
- New Matrix Sampler
- New 'Matrix' and 'Chords' onscreen keyboards.
- Editor data shown on overview bar while scrolling an editor.
- Audio input level fader appears at top of the main window when it's needed
- Automation of volume fader/pan knob now supported by MIDI tracks using External MIDI Instruments(works for playback only). (Pro Plus edition).
- Enable Mixer button is removed from Song Properties window.
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
New in v7.71
- Bugfix for 'Mix down to audio file' feature when used with pure MIDI tracks
New in v7.7
- Drum editor improvements and bugfixes
- Audio editor control chnages
- Track Editor bugfixes
- Pianoroll/score editor bugixes
- Remote Control UI changes and bugfixes
- Various other bugfixes
- Details here
New in v7.6
- Renamed Windows audio driver terms: Driverset, AsioSnd, VistaSound and WinSound are now 'Audio driver type', 'ASIO', 'Windows' and 'Windows XP'.
- Windows: MIDI / Control Surface devices settings no longer change if you change audio driver type.
- Show all effects in a mixer section simultaneously (keep 'M' key down while clicking slot).
- "Mix Down to Audio File" window: Channels box defaults to Mono if Master section's Mono button a engaged.
- MIDI controller / automation editor selector list items have subtle green dot if the editor contains any dots.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: some sound improvements.
- Song editor: gridsnap now also works while there are no MIDI tracks.
- Some user interface improvements.
- Various bugfixes
New in v7.4
- Improved touchscreen support.
- Better DPI scaling for DPI value just above 96.
- 'Size' setting in Preferences window to scale user interface independently from Windows DPI setting.
- 'To Song (Hi)' control surface action to make 'To Song' work with more than 128 songs.
- Automation Editor (Pro Plus) and Automated Fader windows can be resized vertically.
- Score editor has 'Split in equal parts' option, just like pianoroll.
- Tempo editor: tempo line is now updated while moving it vertically.
- Editor Edit/Delete and Undo/Redo buttons have been swapped.
- Score editor: '1'..'6' and dot buttons are replaced with a single dropdown list next to the '+' button.
- Score/pianoroll editor: 'Merge Notes', 'Expand to Chord' and 'Split in equal parts' now appear in 'More...' button list.
- Drag-and-drop: an image is visible while dragging an effect slot or mixer section etc.
- Bugfix for Pianoroll editor making notes with zero duration
New in v7.31
- Bugfix for VSTi plugins which use transport information that wouldn't cycle.
- Bugfix for crash when Unmuting a stereo track which contains an Echo
- Bugfix for crash when editing a new file, clicking undo, starting transport and then clicking redo.
- Bugfix for Songs that have exactly one group section that won't open correctly
- Bugfix for issue with adding notes using the '1'..'5' mouse modifier keys.
New in v7.3
- Enhanced Touch Screen Support for Win 8 tablets
- Various changes to improve interface
- Lyrics prompter that shows chords as well
- Improved VST/AU plugin compatibility with Melodyne
- Score editor supports transposing instruments (Bb clarinets etc.).
- A Control Surface can now have up to 64 channels
- Various bugfixes
New in v6.5
- 64 bit version.
- Both 32- and 64-bit versions support 32- and 64-bit VST plug-ins.
- RMS level meter added to Master Limiter.
- Various improvements to piano roll, pitch shifting and other parameters
- Bugfixes for a number of reported issues
New in v6.21
- New: MP3 encoding: a "lame_enc.dll" file in the "Program Files\MtStudio" folder can now be used for MP3 encoding. This feature was added because ACM codecs may not work properly in 64 bit Windows.
- Fixed: Some small fonts looked bad with Windows DPI settings between 96 and 112.
- Fixed: Song files (.hdr) had issues with some Asian Windows versions.
- Fixed: Audio/MIDI devices settings couldn't be saved on a (very) small number of computers.
- Fixed: Chord and Lyrics windows: the Keybrd button was present even if not in touchscreen mode.
- Fixed: Clicking overlapping markers has been improved.