MultitrackStudio is a full featured audio/MIDI multitrack recording software for Windows.
It has the functionality of a multitrack recorder, a mixer, a MIDI sequencer, and combines it with a number of built-in effects. It is designed to be a quick solution to turn your computer into a digital multitrack music recording studio.
- Record new tracks while playing along with existing ones:
- Audio (mono or stereo) and/or MIDI tracks.
- Cycle recording: record multiple takes automatically.
- Use the Varispeed control if your instrument's pitch differs from your song's (Pro Plus edition only) (more).
- Record alternate takes with just one key press.
- Mix the tracks:
- Unlimited number of groups and effect send/returns supported.
- Route Group or Effect Return sections to soundcard outputs (Pro Plus edition only).
- Mixer / Effects automation (Pro Plus edition only).
- Use Song Versions to store/recall mixes.
- Enhance your mix with real-time effects:
- Choose out of 19 high quality audio effects (more).
- Use VST and DX plugins.
- Add/move/remove effects on-the-fly.
- Powerful effect sidechaining options (Pro Plus edition only).
- Use MIDI to play instruments you can't play or don't own:
- Use the disk-streaming Sampler (reads .GIG, .SF2 and .SFZ patches).
- Use VSTi and DXi plugins.
- Use external synths and/or your soundcard's synth.
- Use the Wheel Organ or Electric Piano (included with Pro Plus edition).
- Correct your mistakes:
- Punch in/out recording.
- Non-destructive audio editing.
- MIDI pianoroll, notation, drum and controller editors.
- Unlimited levels of undo.
- Easy to use, no frustrations:
- Well though out design.
- Wizard to perform basic tasks.
- Context sensitive help system: press the F1 key to get help on the item the mouse points to.
- Fast and reliable.
- 32 bit audio processing.
- HP-TPD dithering with or without noiseshaping.
- 44.1/48 kHz samplerate (Pro Plus edition supports 88.2/96/176.4/192 kHz as well).
- 16 bit audio files (Pro Plus edition supports 24/32 bit and 32 bit floating point as well).
- Stereo soundcards supported using ASIO, WaveRT, MME or DirectSound drivers.
- The Pro Plus edition supports multichannel recording (up to 64 channels, using ASIO driver).
- Audio engine can utilise up to 8 CPUs.
- Automation (Pro Plus edition only) is sample accurate, except for VST/DX plugins.
New in v7.4
- Improved touchscreen support.
- Better DPI scaling for DPI value just above 96.
- 'Size' setting in Preferences window to scale user interface independently from Windows DPI setting.
- 'To Song (Hi)' control surface action to make 'To Song' work with more than 128 songs.
- Automation Editor (Pro Plus) and Automated Fader windows can be resized vertically.
- Score editor has 'Split in equal parts' option, just like pianoroll.
- Tempo editor: tempo line is now updated while moving it vertically.
- Editor Edit/Delete and Undo/Redo buttons have been swapped.
- Score editor: '1'..'6' and dot buttons are replaced with a single dropdown list next to the '+' button.
- Score/pianoroll editor: 'Merge Notes', 'Expand to Chord' and 'Split in equal parts' now appear in 'More...' button list.
- Drag-and-drop: an image is visible while dragging an effect slot or mixer section etc.
- Bugfix for Pianoroll editor making notes with zero duration
New in v7.31
- Bugfix for VSTi plugins which use transport information that wouldn't cycle.
- Bugfix for crash when Unmuting a stereo track which contains an Echo
- Bugfix for crash when editing a new file, clicking undo, starting transport and then clicking redo.
- Bugfix for Songs that have exactly one group section that won't open correctly
- Bugfix for issue with adding notes using the '1'..'5' mouse modifier keys.
New in v7.3
- Enhanced Touch Screen Support for Win 8 tablets
- Various changes to improve interface
- Lyrics prompter that shows chords as well
- Improved VST/AU plugin compatibility with Melodyne
- Score editor supports transposing instruments (Bb clarinets etc.).
- A Control Surface can now have up to 64 channels
- Various bugfixes
New in v6.5
- 64 bit version.
- Both 32- and 64-bit versions support 32- and 64-bit VST plug-ins.
- RMS level meter added to Master Limiter.
- Various improvements to piano roll, pitch shifting and other parameters
- Bugfixes for a number of reported issues
New in v6.21
- New: MP3 encoding: a "lame_enc.dll" file in the "Program Files\MtStudio" folder can now be used for MP3 encoding. This feature was added because ACM codecs may not work properly in 64 bit Windows.
- Fixed: Some small fonts looked bad with Windows DPI settings between 96 and 112.
- Fixed: Song files (.hdr) had issues with some Asian Windows versions.
- Fixed: Audio/MIDI devices settings couldn't be saved on a (very) small number of computers.
- Fixed: Chord and Lyrics windows: the Keybrd button was present even if not in touchscreen mode.
- Fixed: Clicking overlapping markers has been improved.