My MP3 Organizer is a MP3 archive software, focusing on user-friendliness and with the ability to handle a huge collection of files.
While many similar programs tries to incorporate a lot of functions (more or less relevant) such as internal players, cd-burning etc., My MP3 Organizer focuses on its primary task, keeping track of MP3 files, leaving other business to other programs.
Some of the features in My MP3 Organizer:
- Supported formats:
- OGG (Ogg Vorbis)
- Scans harddisks/ cd's for MP3 files and adds them to the archive.
Files are archived together with the media serialnumber. Therefore,
changing logical drive letters are not a problem. E.g.
switching the cd from the cd player to the CD-Recorder, or installing
new hard disks (leading to new drive letters for existing drives)
is not a problem, My MP3 Organizer will still reqognize the files.
- Shows which files are accessible by using color codes.
- Player independent. Use your favourite MP3 player (for
instance Winamp or Media Player)
- Tree style browsing
- Search the collection using the 'quick search'
or the 'advanced search' - capable of multiple arguments.
- An optional 'Preview' player is now available.
When turned on, it plays the currently selected file.
- Flexible Drag and drop
- Drag and drop files FROM Windows Explorer TO My MP3 Organizer
- Drag and drop files TO Media Player/ Winamp (or wherever
you want) from My MP3 Organizer.
- MP3 and OGG tag editing.
- 'Modify tags' lets you easily modify tags on several
files in one operation.
- The File Organizer lets you move files to more 'logical
folders'. Folder names may consist of Artist, Album, title,
Year or Comment.
- 'Rename files' lets you rename files by taking
information from the mp3 tag and/ or using custom text.
- Deleting files is now possible. Very useful when you
want to get rid of duplicate files on your system.
- 'Collections' lets you define groups of files. A collection is suitable when preparing for cd-burning, but it also works great as a playlist.
- Detailed MP3 file info also showing
which MP3 encoder was used.
- Create and edit playlists (m3u format).
- A Summary screen shows statistcs about your MP3 files.
In this version:
- A few fixes and some minor improvements.