Nectar is your complete vocal production solution with 11 vocal effects to answer your various vocal track needs.
It has preset styles that works for most vocal applications, reducing the tweaking work, and giving you more time to focus on your music. You can get a variety of vocal sounds, from analog like '60s Motown, to '90s grunge rock style, to a radio-ready compressed podcasting sound. Maybe you want to add a subtle jazz vocal effect or you want the in your face pop sound, with a little bit of imagination and tweaking, you can get a variety of sounds from subtle improvements to digitized robotic pitch effects.
- built-in Style presets
- breath control
- manual note editor
- automatic pitch correction
New in v1.14
- Changed default style to "Blank Slate" for AAX
- Bugfix for issue with host bypass communication for AAX
- Bugfix for crash when clearing clip indicators in a mono instantiation
- Bugfix for issue with RMS+Peak metering values
- Bugfix for issue that could occasionally cause Digital Performer 8.01 to hang
New in v1.12
- Now supports Pro Tools 9.0.5
- 64-bit iLok support
New in v1.1
- Adds a "Non-formant preserving" mode, which allows you to turn formant preservation on or off. Small (less than 1.5 semitone) shifts that occur in subtle pitch correction often sound better with formant preservation turned off, while large shifts will be better with formant preservation on. Tip: Turning off formant preservation is also good for special effects (like the Chipmonk and Dark Lord Styles).
- In supported hosts, dragging a note in the Manual Pitch Editor now creates a color highlight to better see the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
- In supported hosts, dragging a note will also produce a tone so you can hear the target pitch of the note you're dragging.
- Pitch transpositions now sound more natural due to a change in the envelope shape.
- Optimizations to pitch correction algorithms for faster performance.
- Adds Low, Medium, and High quality modes to the Doubler module. Note that the version 1.0 Doubler was the equivalent of the High quality mode.
- Doubler CPU usage is dramatically lowered in Version 1.1 (5.7x at High quality and 13x at Low quality).
- Improved host compatibility on OS X in 64-bit VST formats
- Includes the new iZotope Crash Reporter to help customers automatically submit crash reports to iZotope for rapid diagnosis and bugfixing
- In several hosts, keyboard shortcuts meant for the host are no longer "eaten" by some windows, especially in the floating Manual Pitch Editor window.
- Fix to iLok authorization issue in some hosts where loading Nectar prompted an "Error: unable to open protection interface" message.
- Stability enhanced in several hosts. Rare crashes or hangs in isolated hosts were also fixed.
- Performance improvements for Tracking mode.
- Pitch algorithm quality improvements: fixed bugs causing glitching such as stuttering, clicking, and popping.