Oxford Inflator is a unique process that can provide an increase in the apparent loudness of almost any programme, without obvious loss of quality or audible reduction of dynamic range, yet avoiding damaging increases in the peak level of the signal. The inflator process can also bring power, presence and warmth to programme material and even provide headroom overload margin above digital maximum with a subtlety and musical character reminiscent of tube systems.
Use the Inflator to produce louder mixes than you thought possible without overloads or compression pumping, or use it to add natural warmth and character to acoustic or jazz mixes.
- Increases the loudness of almost any programme material.
- Creates warmth, character and dynamic excitement, similar to that of analogue systems.
- Provides virtual headroom above digital maximum to allow percussive peaks to pass without causing signal overload.
- Creates artistic effects ranging from subtle tube-like harmonic characteristics for warmth, presence and 'in your face' fatness, to outright saturation distortion modelling.
- Features two modes of operation - direct and band split - for maximum flexibility and artistic creativity. These two modes also ensure optimal DSP usage.
New in v1.7
- New format installer:
- Checks for presence and version of iLok driver.
- Auto-detects 32/64 bit operating system and installs relevant v5.8.5 iLok drivers if required.
- Checks for presence of Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 redistributables and installs if required.
- Checks for presence of iLok with correct licence before allowing plug-in installation. Avoids initial plug-in scan failure and resulting unavailability with some VST hosts.
- Option to specify plug-in and preset installation directories from default, if required.
- Log file: Installer-Log.txt file created during installation and stored in Program Files\Sonnox\Oxford Plugins\Logs. Useful to Sonnox support engineers should installation fail.
- Show Preset Name Path: Feature now fully operational.